Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I agree, if you have alot to move better to rent one or get a friend. But the little ones are fun to play with and will do OK with snow. They will move some loose stuff, nothing packed. I have a co-worker that has 3 Bolens one even has a loader on it. He has all the attachments, most he made . he has weights and all. All hydraulic. He loves them and spends alot of time tinkering on them
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Thumbs up

i thought about adding hydraulics to my yard truck if i ever get it finished. but just got a line on a possible J.D. mule that would make a great starter point for the yard truck. if it dose not pan out this week i think i'll get back on the one i am making from scratch.
    it seems like my pore lan mower spends more time being used as a utility vehicle then it dose mowing the lawn. with the hot dry summer we are having its spent even less time mowing. i been thinking of making some kind of little basket type attachment for the back of it to carie some yard tools in also, but been putting it off thinking i wont need it if i get the yard truck working.
    i did make a watering cart for it this week though. i planted a bunch of new trees and have to water them every day or so. i have a big sprayer for that but i was putting it in the trailer behind the mower. that works fine unless you need the trailer for other stuff be for you empty the water out so with the new water trailer i can have it 1/2full and just disconnect and reattach the real trailer for moving dirt or trash cans or whatever.. so far its worked out great. a little ugly but works great.
    first 3 pic's are the cart, last one is it hooked up to the mower ready to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

The mule would be awesome around the yard. I have a John Deer gator which is great, hydraulic dump bed. Bought it from a golf course for $100, the engine was in a basket. It had quit and they overhauled it, quit again so they took it apart and left it that way. I had to put it together to see what was wrong with it. Long story short, It had fire and compression but would not run. Found a bad ignition trigger, seems the electronic module would not retard the timing to start but would stay advanced, it would start occasionally but not most of the time. Replaced for $135 and ran great since. So I got $235 in it.
    Last edited by HMW; 08-13-2007 at 06:48 AM. Reason: spelling
    Scott

that could well be the same thing thats wrong with this one i'm supposed to get. i know the thing dose not run but thats about all i know. its a free bee so i cant complain. i have a new B&S 12HP i have never used sitting in the shed that may end up being its power source depending on how it looks or what it needs, i may try to get it back to stock, or close. just depends on the condition and if i can come up with the $$ . but for free its worth looking into.
    could end up to be a complete POS but only time will tell. i may just be able to use it as a starting point to build from or it could be a restore me kind of thing ?? cant wait to find out........................
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Hey if the trans is good and frame, wheels etc is good usually getting a motor to fit is not bad. Mine has a Kawasaki on it, I think its only 8 hp but does really well, not as fast as the new ones but has plenty of power. Mine is 5 wheels, it has a single front wheel. I like the 6 wheel ones better but I cant complain for the cost.
    Scott

i still have not seen it but this one is supposed to be the 6 wheel version. it also has the Kawasaki in it but i don't know what size ??
    it all really comes down to what is there as to what i do with it. i would think for a few 100$ i might be able to find a replacement motor for it?? trust me its driving me nuts wanting to know the statues of it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Kawasakis are great, parts a little pricey especially if you have to get them from John deer. John deer specs out its engine from kawasaki and they build them for them. Its the same engine as others use but has different part numbers. So in my case the trigger switch is the same but no one has a listing for that engine since it was made for John deer. Since then I've tried the trigger from other Kawasakis on the John Deer kawasaki and it worked fine, just different part number. hope its in good shape
    Scott

Kawasakis are great, parts a little pricey especially if you have to get them from John deer. John deer specs out its engine from kawasaki and they build them for them. Its the same engine as others use but has different part numbers.
    thats what i herd, i was thinking maybe a little looking around could find me a replacement thats just Kawasaki and not Kawasakis J.D . maybe a biyue like my wifes quad would work as a substitute.
    i'll have to take a look after i get it if i get it. if i get my hopes up too high i will end up never seeing it much less getting it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by HMW View Post
    Actually have messed around with both. [Father owns a lawn/garden equipment business 30+yrs] Tried push blades on sevearl models and the small grader blade with wheel weights and blade weights worked the best. Still no comparison to the Bobcat or the 40hp 4x4 Kubota we have but would move a small amount of loose gravel or dirt. THe old John Deeres and cub cadets were the best. they were the heaviest and you would be surprised how much a 12 hp Kolher would pull, that is if you have enough traction. So in short, nothing beats a tractor/grader/dozer, but for someone to mess around with something and all you have is the riding tractor, go for it.
    And all mower decks come off, the old ones actually had quick attach so they would come off easy so you could use other attachments, Something for a kid to have fun with at any rate
    Yeah it`s to have fun with , it was going to be took to the junk yard and it was FREE

Inferno Forge

Chris

if ya got a free blade, then for shore put it on. cant hurt, all it is is a little of your time and you find out if its usefull or not right.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES