Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Wire basket help needed

Hello all,
    I am planning a project that will be a custom SS wire basket constructed with 1/8 or smaller wire. Has anyone made something similar and can offer any advice?
    Thanks in advance,
    Gene
    P.S. I have a MM 140 and will most likely use tri-gas.
    Last edited by genet; 02-15-2009 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Additional info

What he said. Try mcnichols.com.

Never made one from SS..... But I have made several from Ti

I would not have fun doing it in SS using a 140A GMAW... not that it can't be done but you will nat have a lot of control and at some point you will pull the trigger for a second too long ans will end up with a pile of metal on the table, and a hole in your basket.

Reggie: Expanded metal or mesh won't work for this-it is basically a custom
    form for frying food. Parts of it will be constructed out of perforated sheet though.

mikeswelding: I surely will check out mcnichols.com-I can always use a good souce for supplies!

Fatfab: That's what I was afraid of-any suggestions on settings?

Thanks again to everyone,
    Gene
    Last edited by genet; 02-16-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: clarification

Default Find a net man

Look around the fishing boat docks,ya might find a guy that repairs nets.He would be able to weave one up in no time if you had a ring already attached to a handle and a small spool of the stainless wire .