Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I will also mention, five years ago I bought two Champion air compressors, one for me and one for a customer, with the same Kohler engines. ANYTIME, we started these things, took multiple starts to get them running. Turns out it was connected to the oil pressure shutdown, for whatever reason, bad switch, too long to build up pressure, I don't know. The sensor is right next to the oil filter, just unplug a wire. Starts first time, every time now. I would assume, and hope, Kohler has fixed this problem since.

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    I will also mention, five years ago I bought two Champion air compressors, one for me and one for a customer, with the same Kohler engines. ANYTIME, we started these things, took multiple starts to get them running. Turns out it was connected to the oil pressure shutdown, for whatever reason, bad switch, too long to build up pressure, I don't know. The sensor is right next to the oil filter, just unplug a wire. Starts first time, every time now. I would assume, and hope, Kohler has fixed this problem since.
    I haven't experienced that at all. I'll screw around with it this weekend and report back any abnormalities.....

Thanks
    Big 40 Deluxe
    12RC
    WC-24
    30A

Dynasty 700

XMT 456
    Custom Cart w/the following:
    S-74DX
    Optima Pulser
    Coolmate 3
    XR Control Box
    XR Alumna Pro Python W/C

CP 302 w/22A
    MM210
    Synchrowave 180 SD

Spectrum 2050

TB 302
    12RC
    WC-24
    30A
    HF 251 D1

Dynasty 200 Coming Soon

Default Haz-Mat decals

If you are posting that you are carrying haz-mat it MUST be on all 4 sides of the vehical. The DOT boys frown on not having the stickers all there. You should call your local HYway patrol and find out if ou even need them on a welding trailer.

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by jeepnjim View Post
    If you are posting that you are carrying haz-mat it MUST be on all 4 sides of the vehical. The DOT boys frown on not having the stickers all there. You should call your local HYway patrol and find out if ou even need them on a welding trailer.

JIM
    Thanks for the tip.

The reasoning behind that was just to satisfy the safety department where I work. Those stickers and the placement satisfied them for our welding rig on base, and my trailer as well.
    Big 40 Deluxe
    12RC
    WC-24
    30A

Dynasty 700

XMT 456
    Custom Cart w/the following:
    S-74DX
    Optima Pulser
    Coolmate 3
    XR Control Box
    XR Alumna Pro Python W/C

CP 302 w/22A
    MM210
    Synchrowave 180 SD

Spectrum 2050

TB 302
    12RC
    WC-24
    30A
    HF 251 D1

Dynasty 200 Coming Soon

For 2.1 (Flammable) and or 2.2 (Nonflammable) Material the total weight of bottles and content under 1,001 pounds does not require placards. I don't understand requiring them on one side though, should be all sides or none at all. Nice looking rig.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson

Default Serviced mine today

Quote Originally Posted by JSFAB View Post
    I have that sensor on mine.I was changing the oil and filter today on my unit.Also fabbing a new engine pipe mine rotted out its 11 years old.I also modified the stock muffler to quiet these things down they make a **** of alot of noise.I,ll post a few pics when i,m done with the pipe.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Very nice rig!
    Bet you built the trailer eh? Nice!
    Grip treads for traction ?