Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default The nerve of some people

I get home from the shop today and find that I have received an envelope from Fed-ex addressed to ME from Miller welding. I open it up and the $50.00 gift card for making it into the finals of the welder challenge is inside, I originally thought it would be for the purchase of Miller products but it is a pre-paid Visa debit card, I can use it anywhere for just about anything I may want or need.

I thought up MY project (the firewood caddy), did the work on MY project, entered MY project, and made the finals with MY project, but somehow, somewhere, someway, I'm not sure how it happened but SHE has taken custody of the gift card and has decided WE will buy something for the house with it. I'm not sure when it happened, I'm not sure how it happened, I'm not even sure why it happened, it just did. I do all the work and she gets to enjoy it, the nerve of some people.

Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

You have not been married very long...
    Jim

LMAO!!! That's just not right Dave.....

Congrats on making it to the finals.
    Rich Ferguson
    Sales Technician
    Jackson Welding Supply Co.
    "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
    www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

AND?

All you can do is whine to us?

Good Luck with that

Least you could post us a pic to look at
    TJ______________________________________

Default Now I understand!

First things first:

JimYoung, we're not married, I might be dumb but I aint stupid, she's just my girlfriend for the last 3 years.

jwsrep, That's what I thought, that's just not right.

Fat-Fab.com, Yes, all I can do is whine to you guys because whining to her aint working.

Now, with all that said, I think I just figured where I went wrong, I looked at the card again and it says "A gift for you". I guess when I handed it to her to look at, she read "a gift for you " she thought it was just that, a gift for her.

Oh yeah, Fat Fab, I'm not sure if you were asking for a pic of the project or the card so I'll post them both and when she's done buying junk for the house I'll post those pics as well so you can see what I didn't get to buy with MY gift card for MY project. Dave

one more over site, I'm thinking maybe Fat-Fab wanted me to post a pic of her. that's her in pic #3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dabar39; 08-09-2007 at 09:40 PM. Reason: added pic.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Yup, the old lady took mine and put it on an air conditioner I had plans for that $50 too I figured it would've been for miller products too. It was nice of the miller folks to do that, thanks
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

the gift card is nothing , let it go. save your energy, get ready to fight for the welder if ya win. didn't you just start teaching her to weld. maybe you should have held off on teaching her till after the contest finals.
    good luck on ...........not shore if it should be wining or keeping it if you do.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Cool Gift Card

Hey dabar39 that will teach ya.
    I guess right about now you are having most of your mail go to the shop now eh.
    I think it's wife after 6 months isnt it? I know in canada it is.

Good luck on the next project.

Darmik, wife after 7 years...common law marriage (Hawaii law at least)
    Dave, sorry for this: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
    Hmm....I wonder what OTHER mail she's opened up without you knowing???
    Can't wait to hear comments from Cat and Welldress!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default Dave, Dave, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    I get home from the shop today and find that I have received an envelope from Fed-ex addressed to ME from Miller welding. I open it up and the $50.00 gift card for making it into the finals of the welder challenge is inside, I originally thought it would be for the purchase of Miller products but it is a pre-paid Visa debit card, I can use it anywhere for just about anything I may want or need.

I thought up MY project (the firewood caddy), did the work on MY project, entered MY project, and made the finals with MY project, but somehow, somewhere, someway, I'm not sure how it happened but SHE has taken custody of the gift card and has decided WE will buy something for the house with it. I'm not sure when it happened, I'm not sure how it happened, I'm not even sure why it happened, it just did. I do all the work and she gets to enjoy it, the nerve of some people.

Dave
    This type of thing happens to me and. I suspect, a lot of your readers all the time. By the way, I'd read the fine print on that gift card if I were you. There are a lot of those gift card programs that have limitations, restrictions, etc. that operate to reduce the face amount of the card.

Congratulations on the firewood caddy.