Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Cylinder

Default Gas Cylinder

Hey guys I have a question about a gas cylinder I purchased from a garage sale. Tank is a 135 cubic foot. Tank has Property of IND GAS PRODUCTS & SUPPLY CO Soda Springs" stamped on it. Old man at the garage sale said he has had this tank for nearly 4 years and he purchased it at auction. Tank is in excellent shape. Bottle is oxygen and is empty. What is the policy at most welding shops for trading in bottles? Will they hassle me with the stamping of " Property of Ind Gas" on it? I was going to trade it in on a Argon bottle.... My local Miller shop knows me from many previous purchases. Thanks for the help.....

Dave

I just drug home a big CO2 bottle that was 20 years out of test. My dad bought it 25 years ago for scrap price from a local company that went out of business and i had it retested for 11 bucks and filled for 33 dollars with no problem. I also just bought a set of bottles in GA and hauled them to OH and my local guy filled them also with no problems. So i guess its up to your LWS as to fill them...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Default reply

Thanks for the reply. I will post back tomorrow what I find.....

Dave

Default Tank

Tank was customer owned. And was a 165 Cubic Foot. So I really scored for a $60.00 price for the tank...

Here is what I am working on....

39 Chevy truck chopped 6" with a 700 HP big block.... Hows that for a welding project...

Cool

Sweet ride...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

GENERALY PRIVETLY OWNED TAKS HAVE BLANK RINGS ON THEM. THE TANK YOU HAVE IS THE PROPERTY OF :IND GAS PRODUCTS & SUPPLY CO Soda Springs" and was a rental. odds are good you wont be able to fill it with a name on the top ring. i have one now with a name one the ring but its the guy i fill it with and i can get a clean ring if i chose to sell it because its in my records as a privetly owned tank.
    with that said it will depend on your LWS some fillers are more strict than others. i cirtenly would not buy one at a yard sale without a recept if its got a name on the ring.
    good luck i hope you can get it filled, here there is no way they would fill it for me.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Tank

My local Miller shop took the tank and traded it in for tank for my Mig welder. No questions asked..... So everything turned out ok.....

Sweet ride...Bob
    Thanks for the compliments Bob...

glad to hear they did the exchange for ya.
    i wish i had a tank place like that near me, i have to go 100 miles round trip just to get my 125 filled.
    thats going to be a great looking truck when its finished, heck i love it now.
    best i could come up with was a 51 to rebuild. but i used it as a work truck for may years first.
    now all i need to do is get some $$ and time to put into her.
    she definitely earned it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default truck

Fun4now that looks like a good project.

Here is my other welding project that has been finished for a few years...

six six impala

I have made so many custom suspension parts for the Impala I have lost track....

And here is short video how the car sounds.... Video Clip

I have a "little" 355 small block that puts out 530 HP and 585 TQ. Really fun family car....

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    glad to hear they did the exchange for ya.
    i wish i had a tank place like that near me, i have to go 100 miles round trip just to get my 125 filled.
    thats going to be a great looking truck when its finished, heck i love it now.
    best i could come up with was a 51 to rebuild. but i used it as a work truck for may years first.
    now all i need to do is get some $$ and time to put into her.
    she definitely earned it.
    nice ride pro workz and James, James you should make it a welding truck , paint it miller blue have miller decals on it , have a big ole welding machine on the bed , ( bobcat,trailblazer whatever you prefer). Now that would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Inferno Forge

Chris