Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default Sure are alot of welding rigs for sale.

Seems to be alot of rigs for sale lately. Brand new welding trucks, some just recently setup. Alot of guys appear to be in panick mode, only to get worse.

I think I'll buy some welders at a good price and rent them out to things improve in Alberta.

Default Rigs for Sale

Cruizer: A co-worker's son is a Phoenix Fire Fighter who welds on his days off. Sitting idle. His boss is selling some equipment, if interested, I can get more info for you. I can't buy anything right now, holding steady, if you know what I mean. Might be some Big Lincoln's and LN-25's.

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

now is the perfect time to buy welding equipment
    miller dynasty 350
    miller spectrum 1000

Problem is that if a guy does have work, and his rig breaksdown, he only has a limited time frame to get going again before someone else takes his place.

Case in point, a fella came in today with a busted Pro 300. I had only just rebuilt an SA200. He was in a panick to get back out to the jobsite, so I had to rent the SA200 out to him untill I get the pro fixed.

Default Buy Miller

I have 2 miller welder Gen. and I run them day in and day out they have got to have been the best investment I have made. but at the same I have a friend that has 2 lincoln welder gen. and they both are in a shop with blown motors. So leaving you with that watch what you buy. sometimes a good deal might not be so good.

I want to start my own welding business. This looks like a good rig for not a lot of money what do the pro's think???

http://grandisland.craigslist.org/tls/1024135073.html

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    I have 2 miller welder Gen. and I run them day in and day out they have got to have been the best investment I have made. but at the same I have a friend that has 2 lincoln welder gen. and they both are in a shop with blown motors. So leaving you with that watch what you buy. sometimes a good deal might not be so good.
    All the pre2006 diesels are having problems with blown injectors, pumps and such from the low and ultra low sulfur diesel fuel, easy fix with fuel lube additives though. If you don't use them, your asking for trouble.

The SA200's have trouble when the owner leaves the anti-ice hose on all summer long. This tends to take the engines out, and makes them leak like a sive.

The small gassers prefer a quality synthetic, or they tend to have a short lifespan.
    Last edited by cruizer; 02-12-2009 at 04:39 PM.

Default used welders

I have been watching and looking for a real good portable welder/generator. I have come close to just buy a new one but maybe I need wait and to look some more.

I don't wish anyone bad luck of loosing a job, as we all need to work to keep paying Uncle Sam's taxes. I would just like to save myself some money!

Jim

Well if anyone of you know a welder that is selling a plasma cutter, Im in the market to buy another one, preferably a spectrum 2050.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    need more machine than that...guys on this forumn wonder if these machines can meet their hobby needs and you want to start a buisness with one...if your at that level of uncertainty about machine selection how proficient do you think youll be in an acutual job situation...more to this industry than pulling a trigger...just take a look at some members tool lists,pretty impressive,and some of them dont even have their own bussiness...what chance would you have against some of these guys warchests...more important how would you do anything reliable with 110/140 amps...all you would do is make ajoke of being independent for guys who invested a lot more then you ...dont mean to sound harsh...just telling it like it is...
    I suppose it could be a little challenging gettting started but if I carve out the right niche, I might just make a go of it. The way I have it figured, I could start out as a mobile sheetmetal repair guy. The machine would be easy to transport and I wouldn't need a ton of gear. The other good thing is that everyone has a 115V outlet that I could plug into. I might need some 100ft extension cords but that really isn't a big deal. And if things really take off, I could buy myself a portable generator to run the machine so I could get into more remote locations.

I mean the possibilities here are endless. I could do repairs on stuff like old BBQ grills, lawnmower decks, tailpipes, metal shelving units, and the list goes on. I think specializing like this is really the way to go for me and is going to be key to my success. It might take a few years to really get going but then I will most likely be able to step up to one of the 180 class migs. That will open up a whole new world of welding for me then.