Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Welder jobs in Idaho

Just gonna throw this out to the forum....I live in Southern Idaho, and read in the paper the other day that throughout idaho there is a shortage of Welders. Some of you looking for work may try and look around idaho. I hope you get lucky. Myself, I work for an irrigation company and have my welding business on the side. It's slow for work on both ends for me. Fortunately I can do a lot more than just weld so i have work, but money is tight and hours short and getting shorter. Also Rock Springs, wyoming is hiring i hear on the oil field. I also hear they just broke ground on the colorado boarder on a new oil field. people may check there. I might be there myself in June if things don't turn around. I have a special care baby on the way in August, and its costing extra to care for it. I pray we all pull through this.
    DAY WELDING LLc

1992 dodge cummins welding truck
    trailblazer 302
    2004 cummins welding truck.
    old SA 200
    Victor torch set
    Lots of crazy ideas!!

keep the faith. There has to be away out of this "downturn"

I heard this AM on Fox news that the "stimulus package" is going to give an average paycheck about $13.00 increase. Big whoop! Thank BHO/Congress!

Glenn

Default "Transparent Treasury"

Quote Originally Posted by IRONLORE View Post
    I heard this AM on Fox news that the "stimulus package" is going to give an average paycheck about $13.00 increase. Big whoop! Thank BHO/Congress!

Glenn
    Gas prices are already rising, and about time for the "summer blend" in most states. That means, it's already spent.

Dave
    "Bonne journe'e mes amis"

Default There is work some place

You talk from place to place and everyone is saying the same thing, no work, but theres some work some place else. I dont know thought the only places that I know 100% that is short for welders is the realy hot or realy cold places were you eather your baking all day or frezzing all day. its a win lose type of thing.

out Wyoming way there seems to be some action, but nothing to do on downtime unless you want to drive. If you do drive the trout steams are amazing out that way. Not much better than fresh cut throat trout. The air is clean and the sky is blue and the people are rock solid out there in the mountain west area, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho and some of Utah. Also do some back packing, I love the back country in Wyoming. Leave out of Dubois and head North. Nothing but amazing up there. The fish are on by first light and finishing up by 8 am until dusk and then you can't help but to catch 'em. Just keep an eye out for the ugliest horse you ever saw, they call it a moose. And the mountain lion and black bear seems to like it there. They will mostly stay away if your making some noise. You do have to keep the food in a bear sack about 15 to 20 feet off the ground.

In the spring head to Red Lodge Montana when the black bears come right into town and hang out in people yards.

The people out there are some of the best to work with, honest and hard working.

aren't they extending part of the Keystone pipeline through Wyoming and Nebraska?
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

There is indeed work out here in Wyoming, but get ready to pay for the privilege of working here. Housing prices, whether rental or purchase, are considerably higher than most are willing to pay. While the folks here before the last few booms can easily slide by with their cheaper payments it makes it difficult to break into the area for the late comers. Side benefit...no state income tax.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Quote Originally Posted by migwelder05 View Post
    aren't they extending part of the Keystone pipeline through Wyoming and Nebraska?
    Wyoming...no, Nebraska...yes.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoRoy View Post
    There is indeed work out here in Wyoming, but get ready to pay for the privilege of working here. Housing prices, whether rental or purchase, are considerably higher than most are willing to pay. While the folks here before the last few booms can easily slide by with their cheaper payments it makes it difficult to break into the area for the late comers. Side benefit...no state income tax.

I was told where I would be going we live in a camper if I had one. You know anything about this?
    DAY WELDING LLc

1992 dodge cummins welding truck
    trailblazer 302
    2004 cummins welding truck.
    old SA 200
    Victor torch set
    Lots of crazy ideas!!