Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Lightbulb how to delete a thread/post

some members have come to me to get there posts deleted as they could not find a delete button to do so themselves. as you may or may not be aware the sites are being worked on at the moment and the missing delete buttons are a concern. so to see if its a question or it not being there or just not knowing what to look for i thought a few pic's and some delete instructions would help clear things up.
    the first thing to keep in mind is if you want to delete the hole thread all you do is delete the first post in the thread and all that fallow will also be deleted. you have to be the one that started the thread to do this as you can only delete your own posts. any post after the first post will only delete its self and will not effect the rest of the post, only the first post has the domino effect.
    to delete :
    first hit the edit button at the bottom of your post .( pic D) see the red square and arrow.

on the edit screen you should have a delete button, ( pic D1) see the red square and arrow.

click that and a delete section will be added to the bottom. ( pic D2) see the red square and arrow.

click the the circle beside the delete this message on the bottom left.(D2) and the delete this message button will appear and you can delete. giving a reason for deleting is optional.
    you can also reach the delete option with the go advanced button, after hitting the going advanced button (next to the delete button in D1) you will get the same delete message bottom only it will be on the top of your post,(d4) again hit the delete option then the bottom.

again you do not need to give a reason for deleting its your choice. some times we type things in the heat of the moment we may think better of at a later time or just decide we don't like what we typed. aether way we don't have to leave it there for every one to see if we don't want to.

if you don't have these options please say so here so the Tec.'s working on the site can be aware of the problem and find a fix.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fun4now; 08-09-2007 at 06:37 AM. Reason: spell check
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Lightbulb report inappropriate posts

if you feel a post is getting out of hand due to excessive arguing or attacking another member or is inappropriate such as spam, profanity, or nud ity feel free to notify the moderators by using the triangle above the posters join date.(pic RT) this will send an e-mail to the moderators so they can get rid of it if they feel it warrants being removed. if we all work together we can keep this a great place to come learn and share.

i hope this thread is of some help to every one and we can keep this site a friendly place to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Howdy

I have deleted posts from the ask Andy board, but as you know I could not delete a post here that I wanted to get rid of.

Now the delete function is available here for me as well, and it did not require me to look at your photos to find it, so I don't know what the problem was.

All is well now, though.
    Careful with That Axe, Eugene

Thumbs up cool

glad to here it, they have been doing work on the board's for a wile now to try to clear up all the isues. i suspect they have fixed the delete problem now. i got my smilies back finaly. i have not had acces to all the smilies on this board for a wile now and thats all cleard up too.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Cool

Hey fun4now why am I a read only on the motorsports side?I PM admin maybe you could find out whats going on a little quicker than I can.TKS