Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Hello from memphis!

Hey guys, ive been lurking on here a while and finnaly decided to join and get talking to some of you guys, i havnt been welding for that long, a few months at most. Ive done a few projects and am itching for great new ideas to tackle, heres a rough picture of my latest "coat rack" project.

there a total of 4 welded hangers ( the photo was taken head on and you cant really see the front and rear hanger.

as well as it might be hard to see the angle iron bracing at the bottom of the stand

anywho let me know what you guys think, a simply yet fun project
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mattawannaweld; 02-11-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Glad to see you're enjoying the new craft. Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and try a photo re-size program, I like Irfanview and its available as a free download. It'll make downloading and looking at your next group of projects much easier and enjoyable. Keep up the good work.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Quote Originally Posted by WyoRoy View Post
    Glad to see you're enjoying the new craft. Do yourself and the rest of us a favor and try a photo re-size program, I like Irfanview and its available as a free download. It'll make downloading and looking at your next group of projects much easier and enjoyable. Keep up the good work.
    yeah i just noticed it was huge, and sideways, thanks for the heads up. hope to be posting more soon

We'll be here checking on the progress. Enjoy yourself.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Default welcome

I hope you enjoy the forum I have found usefull so far and there are lots of good folks that are more than happy to help with any welding related problems but the coat rack you made looks good. Its simple and is a good starter project. good luck on future projects. have fun and don't get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by m.k.swelding View Post
    I hope you enjoy the forum I have found usefull so far and there are lots of good folks that are more than happy to help with any welding related problems but the coat rack you made looks good. Its simple and is a good starter project. good luck on future projects. have fun and don't get hurt.
    thanks, im sure ill end up stumbleing upon somthing i could use help with, and always.. saftey.

here are some more rough (closer) pics of the bottom and top of the coat rack

Looks about time to spread your wings a bit and go for a wall mounted coat rack as well. Not mine, just something I pulled up off the Internet.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Lots of dust bunnies