Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Talking engine sartup stand plans needed

Hello. I'm currently in a vocational welding program and for our next project we can build anything we want ( within reason ). I would like to know if anyone knows of a set of plans for an engine start up stand? This would kill two birds for me as I would fulfill the class requirement and I need one for my use . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike Banner

If I were to build one, I would get a junk block & use that to build the stand. If you need more help than that, maybe go to a store that sells them & study one, take a few pics. & measurements. Might get some info. from a tool catalog.
    Or, you could buy plans from a place like this...
    http://www.digiplan.ca/metal/dgenginestand.shtml
    Last edited by pro70z28; 02-11-2009 at 11:55 AM.

I used to build engine stands for sale on consignment at my buddy's parts store. Be sure to make it with four legs, not three so it doesn't tricycle on you and fall over. I used 2 rigid casters and 2 swivels. My .02 cents.

Glenn

I just noticed your asking about an engine start-up stand not just an engine stand. Same process applies though.

http://www.pressenter.com/~drauchw/E...TestStands.htm

Here is mine that I made for a BBC or SBC. My neighbors love me.

http://www.tjsperformance.com/media/bbc.avi.ASF

T.J.
    you can see stills of the stand on my site.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

"An audio codec is needed to play this file. To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web, click Web Help."

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    Here is mine that I made for a BBC or SBC. My neighbors love me.

http://www.tjsperformance.com/media/bbc.avi.ASF

T.J.
    you can see stills of the stand on my site.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    You have a very nice web site, but I also was not able to play the video. The stands look excellent.
    Nick

Thanks. You need to download the codec it is asking for. Google it. My buddy took the vid with his camera and then uploaded to his apple. Sorry that is the best I can do.
    T.J.
    Miller Dynasty 300DX
    HTP MIG 240
    HTP 380 Plasma

Bridgeport Milling Machine
    South Bend Lathe
    Etc. Etc....
    tjsperformance.com

northern tools sells one pn#630250 they have a good
    pic that you can zoom in on maybe you can some
    ideas from