Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If you can somehow attract an abundance of ball animals, and with the bats that you have.....................................start a ball team

Nick
    Last edited by Admin; 08-09-2007 at 12:25 PM.

I'm a MAJOR animal lover myself, so thanks for trying to save the baby bird
    That's why I get mad when guys on this forum eat bambi or like my co-workers talking about slaughtering a baby pig for a luau....
    yeesh.
    Last edited by Admin; 08-09-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default dove trivia

I've had doves build nests outside a block window in my shower so I get a close up view of them (which I don't think they appreciate). Once they build their nests (and they are NOT smart nest builders; very flimsy and in very precarious locations like downspouts) and lay the eggs, it takes 2 weeks for them to hatch. I always seen just 2 eggs in each nest. Then, it takes 2 weeks for the birds to leave the nest. They are not very attractive but get better looking every day and I swear they double in size every day. Once they leave the nest, they hang around for a few days with the parents watching over them and then they're gone. Don't know if anyone was interested in this info, but just thought I'd share! Cat
    Hope this little bird makes it.

we get between 3-5 swallows and the nest is packed long befor the little ones are ready to leave. the parents dont have a place to sit in or on it hardly. i think we lose some now and again due to the lack of space isue. they do get big fast.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default Sad day

Baby bird was placed back in the nest last night and we had a storm through the night. Baby must have been blown out of the nest and didn't make it. Found her/him this morning. It's too bad we can't help as much as we want for a good outcome. It is always sad to me to have the young not even to have fighting chance. What is odd is most baby birds tend to flee as we approach to rescue them. But this little fellow would would see us and fight to get to us as if we were the parents. As you can see in the pics, it was very young and we may have been the first it had a chance to bond with.
    Still sad. But I will still always try to help a creature is distress. Thanks to all that offered support. Not all outcomes are bad. Many years ago I found a pidgeon at my shop. It was very weak . I took it home.....about 12 miles away. Gave it food and water and cared for it for about two days. It had a numbered band on one leg. I found out that it was a retired carrier pidgeon on a run from New York to California by people that do this as a hobby. When I released it, it circled the house two or three times and the took off west bound. It was explained to me that this was the bird trying to get its bearings. When it arrived in California I was contacted by the receiver that it had safely made it home. Not all do. I really felt good that I could help. Some birds just get exausted and have to stop as the flock goes on. The winner is the one that has the most of the group that complete the trip. Life can really be tough sometimes. N. Monteleone

Sorry to hear the little guy didn't make it. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

i found a little owl in the middle of the road when i was in H.S. he was sitting in the middle on the yellow line watching traffic go by. i was not shore if her was hurt or not so i stoped and expected him to fly away but he just sat there when i walked up to him?? i figured he could not fly yet?? took him home made a big cage fed him mice for about 2 weeks then took him outside and he flew off. never saw him again ??
    he was a very cool pet, he was always watching you. so some can be helped, its always worth giving it a try even if you cant help at least ya tried.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I have a "sister" in North Carolina that spent a few years at a bird wildlife refuge place. Helped a couple of bald eagles from babies. One of them stayed in the area, built a nest and everything. People still see it till today (4 years).
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

I stop lots of times to move a turtle from the middle of the road to the side he was aimed for............but I wonder if I was helping or not. What if when I arrived, he had just turned around to to take one last look where he had been........and then I up and move him back.

What if when I arrived, he had just turned around to to take one last look where he had been........and then I up and move him back
    LOL that would be a bummer.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES