Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: air compressor

is this the same kid whos parents wouldnt let him have a welder and said he drank beer?
    Last edited by migwelder05; 02-07-2009 at 11:27 AM.
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

NOPE i have ony had one sip of beer ever and if I wanted a welder all dad would say is you have to buy it and be safe

Quote Originally Posted by metalmeltr View Post
    i am 13 so no job yet I just had severa days off school with nothing to do when I thought of this
    Don't worry- you'll get a job some day and instead of a Perpetual Energy Machine you'll be working on a Perpetual Tax Deduction Machine- but that don't work either 'cause you'll just get taxed on the machine as a company asset.

Go ride yer bike and chase girls.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

oh come on broccoLi ride a bike? I agree with the girl thing, heres a tip chicks dig welders
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

This is the law of dimenishing returns. Eventually you will continually dimenish to zero. Kinda like Vegas and a slot machine, they average 93% return.

No free power, unfortunately.
    Paul

Default i am definatly a weldor

i got to reading about perpetual motion saw something about laws of thermodynamics and imediatly thoght of thermaldynamics plasma cutters

Yo, kid, before you go further with this, how about reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

When I was your age I had a bunch of the same ideas, then I discovered what perpetual motion is all about. So, go read up on this subject and then get back and let us know what you've learned. I'm about 5 decades older than you and every day I'm learning something new - so, get on board to what life's all about and use this as a learning opportunity.

It's your turn - show us your stuff - and impress us with what you learn about perpetual motion and tell us why your air compressor idea will not work.

By the way: you'll impress us even more if you start spelling words correctly (and, with a spell checker there is no excuse not to spell correctly).

I'm looking forward to your next post.
    MTBob
    Logan Lathe
    Clausing Mill
    Walker Turner Drill Press

Default Keep up the thinking

I can see you going far in life ,maybe not on your perpetual motion machine but maybe on somthing with a very very low carbon .print. Some people have been doing it for thousands of years.

Quote Originally Posted by metalmeltr View Post
    I have an Idea to make an air compressor that i doubt any one has thought of before, an air powered air compresor. THe basic idea is to replace the motor with an impact wrench and have the wrench drawing air from the compressor a the same time the pump is suplying air to the tank. The compressor would have to be compressed the first time though anaxilary source, but if the tank doesnt leak it can alwase produce all of the power i needs. the impact would be tunrned on and off by means of a ball valve
    there so is a lot if inifomation about every thing here. but you forgot to mention that a inpact gun doen't work like an electrice motor. it needs more resitance and would not run a compressor.

when it came to designing this i was just looking at impacts in a northern tool book and saw the specs and thought that runnng an air compressor off it would increase performance after a few of you posted I read up on perpetual motion and discovered i would have to make it vibration free so it produces no sound energy, prevent the transfer and production of heat, and have it all sealed in a vacuum to prevent friction with the air which also mean that it would be even harder to do with a car or lawnmower.

MTbob-I did read the wikepidia link,