Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Hossfeld bender #2 tooling and dies, a must have

i have a #2 hossfeld bender. im looking for any tooling and dies if anyone has any for sale.

dont know what a hossfeld bender is or what it can do? check out my youtube videos.

thanks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g0P3aubl1W0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G1MznF8x1Xk&feature=related

I hope you have deep pockets. The die sets don't come cheap. Check out prices for die sets from American Bender as they will work with the Hossfled bender and are a little cheaper, but not by much. Best of luck.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

WyoRoy, I cant agree with you more.

I bought a partial Hossfeld but after I seen the cost of the dies I got rid of it.

A couple of my good friends have the JD squared so it makes more sence for me to get one of those.

The cost of the dies are cheaper and I can share dies with my 2 buds.

Its just a pain going to get them.

Its just a personal opinion, but for tubing the JD2 type benders are probably a much better deal. If you need to bend a bit of everything...and are willing to pay the price...you can't beat a Hossfeld or Diacro.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies
    Too small of a shop at 40 X 59.

Cool

I have a Hossfeld and used one at work for 8 years and they are a great bender. I also have a small machine shop so i can build what i need at the time. My dies might not be as pretty or last as long but they make the parts i need...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Harbor freight bender all the way baby!!. I bend tubing with it all the time, and all I have to do is pack the tubing with sand, and I'm good to go. I really have expensive taste, but if I can get away cheap for the same results, then I will. Im sure not everyone feels that way though.

Cool

I saw on "How Its Made" when they make trumpets they fill the tubing up with water and let it freeze then bend it. That would be pretty simple today in Ohio...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48