Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yep pretty much,
    If you want arc welding, both lincoln and Miller haver great technical books.
    If you want OA get a copy of "the oxyscetylene handbook" by Linde (now esab).

Unfortunately as we all know, its not always the right information thats spread, its whats sold the most. And unfortunately this series of books is everywhere! About the only place you dont see them is in school...or an engineers desk...hmmmm.
    "Better Metalworking Through Research"

Miller Dynasty 300DX
    Miller Dynasty 200DX
    Miller Spectrum 375 extreme
    Miller Millermatic Passport

Miller Spot Welder
    Motor-Guard stud welder

Smith, Meco, Oxweld , Cronatron, Harris, Victor, National, Prest-o-weld, Prest-o-lite, Marquette, Century Aircraft, Craftsman, Goss, Uniweld, Purox, Linde, Eutectic, and Dillon welding torches from 1909 to Present. (58 total)

Quote Originally Posted by JTMcC View Post
    You, or anyone that wants factual info on welding should look closely at the very inexpensive books available from the Lincoln Foundation. Tons of real world, backed by extensive research, information for very few dollars.
    I can second that. I have a few of theirs. All excellent.

There was a thread on the hobart forum not too long ago where
    people listed books, reviews, etc. Here's a link to it
    http://www.hobartwelders.com/weldtal...ad.php?t=30221

frank

Default Thanks...

Thenks everyone. You all have been a huge help. I will be working on creating a very broad library now. I love welding. When I was building eighteen wheeler trailers, I was the happiest I have ever been in a job. I hated to see that job fold up. I really have no formal training other than on the job, and piddling around with home projects. I guess it's true, when you have a love for something, you persue it with everything you have. I have only had my bobcat for about a month, and have nearly burned 3/4 of a tank of fuel, and a good many rods. Built three fence corners and have been working on my truck bed set up some. I guess a lot of my fuel consumption has been the prep and fit work. I can honestly say that I am truly happy with what I have done. I will have to try and get some pics together to show some of my work off. Some upcoming projects include refabbing a bumper I built in 2003 for my 4x4, a mariad of cookers, and finishing out the truck bed. Also going to try to start the lay out on a feed and tack room and a shelter off of my shop. Thanks again everyone.
    Bobcat 225
    Radnor o/a
    An assortment of
    other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

i have performance welding 2nd edition, i think its a pretty good reference. Haven't cracked it open in a while, been reading and re-reading TIG welding for dummies for a while

As an all purpose reference book I kinda like the "Prodecure Handbook Of Arc Welding" from Lincoln, but then I am ancient and so is some of the material. I believe it would be value added for just getting started. However, the Miller books I have seen are very good.
    Last edited by Geezer; 02-04-2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: content