Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: bert/tig kit

Thumbs up TA-185 is great.

jonnymag, no problem. i was in the same boat as you a wile back. the maxstar would be a nice little TIG but like ya said what if you want to do aluminum. i figured if i was going to spend the $$ to get a TIG i better do it right and get a AC/DC right off the first time as i would not be likely to have the $$ to add one later. the TA-185 is a good size for playing at home i think. you can get a lot done with 185 amps if you are not in a hurry. there track record was great for the hole time i was saving up and still have not herd anything bad about them, except the $$ is going up. but thats true for every one. so no surprise there. and its not lacking in any thing as far as adjustably goes. i too would love to have the dyn200 but hey $ is tight ya gotta get what ya can.
    oh ya and you will save on ear plugs with the TA-185 over the Dyn 200. the dyn200 is loud in AC the TA not at all. nice and quiet.
    all in all its a great hobby unit and would likely do well at a small shop if the duty cycle and amps were not a problem. i don't have any regrets about getting mine. i put a nice blue cover over it so the other Millers in the shop don't pick on it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

i put a nice blue cover over it so the other Millers in the shop don't pick on it.
    I know...I know....sometimes the Millers can be so cruel...
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

yep just down right snootie, its tuff to be the best i guess.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time