Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

heck might as well post up some fab pics i did tonight. The class minimum is 2500lbs. My car weighed in at 2535 so i decided to move some weight around. I took out the sunroof and cut up and old carbon fiber hood and made a carbon sunroof plug as well as took some misc stuff out of the rear of the car i/e old seatbelt brackets and what not. Took out around 50ish lbs.

So then i built this weight bar up front that is made out of 2 1/4'' stainless tubing that i melted down lead and filled it with. Which ended up weighing around 70lbs but now its over/in front of the front tires so should help with traction.

Last edited by TurboIntegra42r; 10-06-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Man that really sucks, I am sorry to hear about the new paperweight addition.

It is nice that you got it running and put at least another pass on it however...especially since you still need to dial it in.
    Precision is only as important as the project...if you're building a rocket ship...1/64" would matter. If you're building a sledgehammer...an 1/8" probably wont.

Quote Originally Posted by On fire most of the time View Post
    Man that really sucks, I am sorry to hear about the new paperweight addition.

It is nice that you got it running and put at least another pass on it however...especially since you still need to dial it in.

Yea i will be going to the track tomorrow night. So i should have some more updates

Sorry to bump an old thread but,

Any updates to this car?

Interesting car, I have a similar one in outlaw form. Wish the pics still work of the weight bar. I like that idea!
    http://www.dkGoodrich.com
    EFI Tuning Solutions
    106lb/min 11k RPM 1.8l