Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fsuz32 View Post
    nice looking setup, what turbo are you running? looks pretty decent Did you make your own turbo mani/dp with the sync 200? I am looking at picking one up, the things I want to use it for are motor mounts/suspension mounts, turbo manifolds, exhausts, al intake manifolds, piping etc. Would there be any problems welding any of that with the sync 200?
    Its a 71mm garrett 42r. No i did not make the manifold. It was from Full-Race.com They are the only robotically welded manifold out there.

The syncrowave 200 didnt have any problems welding anthing except i blow my breaker alot when i am welding aluminum. I think my whole panel is only a 200 amp panel. i donno. it only blows when i am welding aluminum above 150 amps.

what size breaker are you tripping?

Quote Originally Posted by fsuz32 View Post
    what size breaker are you tripping?

its a dual 50.

have you hit the dyno yet? Just wondering about it since you mentioned it and i'm curious.

recently i did 431/396 with out the nitrouse...hoping to go back and break 500 with the spray, but i'm just now getting back on track with my bills from a slow february/march
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post
    have you hit the dyno yet? Just wondering about it since you mentioned it and i'm curious.

recently i did 431/396 with out the nitrouse...hoping to go back and break 500 with the spray, but i'm just now getting back on track with my bills from a slow february/march

Yes sorry its been a very busy week. I have fought issues with the car that were totally unexpected. I got the car on the dyno after the initial break in heat cycles and first oil change.

All the sudden we had ignition issues and lots of break up. Long story short i will never run another MSD product again. After 7 hours of figuring out the cause and rewiring and pullin out my M&W ignition and going back to stock it was an MSD hvac2 coil that took a dump.

So then next problem. The car would hit a brick wall at about 7k rpm. After about another 7 or so hours of diagnosing why vtec wasnt working we figure out that the machine shop didnt put two pins back into the head and vtec wouldnt engage because the sliders were pretty much floating.

Anyways we got it all back together today and strapped it down and i dont have a boost controller. On wastegate pressure 22psi it made 548whp and i cant remember the exact torque but i wanna say it was alittle over 350. Timing is very conservative beings at this power level we are going to get kicked out for not having the license to go over 135mph so wasnt any point to squeeze more power. We are about 5-6 degrees below where we should be on the timing but i felt i wanted to play it safe the first time out.

all i know is the turbo is calling us pussies and telling us to turn her up haha.

Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post

what are you running?

**** nice numbers.

Definitely something I would respect if I saw it on the street, or strip. Id still race you though (even though Id probably lose...in all of my cars.)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboIntegra42r View Post
    its a dual 50.
    You really need a 2-pole 60 amp breaker but you should run #10 wire to the receptacle.

Quote Originally Posted by On fire most of the time View Post
    **** nice numbers.

Definitely something I would respect if I saw it on the street, or strip. Id still race you though (even though Id probably lose...in all of my cars.)
    Thanks. The power is low boost. I am still learning to drive the car first then we will turn it up as long as the track is prepped decent.

However i went to the track yesterday with this power level and went 10.48 @138

here you guys go. i am the silver integra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MNxk9i7-x4