Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wheels 2 View Post
    wow good work.Did you make your own intercooler also?

picked up a garrett core and then i built the endtanks.

How are you cooling that engine ? I see no radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigs View Post
    How are you cooling that engine ? I see no radiator.
    lol. wasnt installed during those pictures. lol its actually still not installed haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboIntegra42r View Post
    Thanks. I am exactly like you. Dont care for many other cars but hey. I respect a fast car no matter what it is. If its fast who cares what kind of car it is.
    Everyone has their preferences!

I think you should get another core, and make your own radiator as well...might as well. It'd be good practice anyway.

Anything put together well, that halls @$$ is worth a look though. I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by On fire most of the time View Post
    Everyone has their preferences!

I think you should get another core, and make your own radiator as well...might as well. It'd be good practice anyway.

Anything put together well, that halls @$$ is worth a look though. I agree with that.
    That is exactly what i am going to do when i get more time. Right now i am going to run a stock radiator and later this year i am going to build a custom one.

Looks good, one thing though, on future projects you may not want to make the end tanks so big. you don't want to cause any more of a pressure drop in the intake tract than you have to, especially on a turbo car.
    Ben Fox
    www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com

Miller Dynasty 300 SD
    Millermatic 130
    MillerMatic 252
    Jet Lathe
    Jet Mill
    Rottler SG7 seat and guide machine

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPerformance View Post
    Looks good, one thing though, on future projects you may not want to make the end tanks so big. you don't want to cause any more of a pressure drop in the intake tract than you have to, especially on a turbo car.

Yea next time i am going to make them a hair different for air flow reasons. However These really arent much bigger than anything else with that same size core.

Maybe next winter i will redo the endtanks though. They actually need to be angled back alittle so i can clear my bumper lights.

I dont' think the end tanks are TOO bad (they are a little big by maybe 2 inches or so), but what i would have done is thrown some sort of light defelctor "V" in there with a gap in the middle to more effectively use all of the intercooler's available cooling surface. I don't know if you've seen many of the tests, but when they showed the flaws in ALL the designs , the tanks like that tended to flow mostly right through the center bars/cores and the upper and lower bars/cores didn't get taken full advantage of.

The stuff i read makes me want to cut the tanks off every intercooler around me and remocel them for better efficiencey, but that would just be silly hahaha
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post
    I dont' think the end tanks are TOO bad (they are a little big by maybe 2 inches or so), but what i would have done is thrown some sort of light defelctor "V" in there with a gap in the middle to more effectively use all of the intercooler's available cooling surface. I don't know if you've seen many of the tests, but when they showed the flaws in ALL the designs , the tanks like that tended to flow mostly right through the center bars/cores and the upper and lower bars/cores didn't get taken full advantage of.

The stuff i read makes me want to cut the tanks off every intercooler around me and remocel them for better efficiencey, but that would just be silly hahaha

yea. i had a few other designs made mocked up. i just didnt like the look. I am more than likely going to redo this one next winter as the endtanks for one need to be somewhat angled back for clearance issues. It will work out for this year but will give me something to do over the winter. Car will be on the dyno next week hopefully.

nice looking setup, what turbo are you running? looks pretty decent Did you make your own turbo mani/dp with the sync 200? I am looking at picking one up, the things I want to use it for are motor mounts/suspension mounts, turbo manifolds, exhausts, al intake manifolds, piping etc. Would there be any problems welding any of that with the sync 200?