Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default New guy here. Some intercooler and piping work on my acura

First i must say i have had no one to teach me how to weld. I simply bought a syncrowave 200 runner package and a bunch of scrap. Anyways here is my project i have been working on. Any feedback appreciated.

Last edited by envano; 03-25-2009 at 02:24 PM.

looks pretty good. im new on here too, its nice to see another teg owner here. are you on h-t? where do you get you alum plate from? and in what size?

Quote Originally Posted by got wide View Post
    looks pretty good. im new on here too, its nice to see another teg owner here. are you on h-t? where do you get you alum plate from? and in what size?

Hey. Yes i am on H-T i am user 0554 on there. I get it from metal supermarket and its 1/8''. Depending on what i am doing i have them cut it to size and if not i use my bandsaw.

how well do you like your synk 200? i am very close to picking one up.

Nice welds, I like the car too!

Millermatic 252
    Miller Dynasty 200DX

Good pics. nice catch can too.
    Miller Dynasty 200DX SOLD
    WeldTec Water Cooler SOLD
    Miller Millermatic 180 w/ Spoolmate 100
    20Ton press
    And lots of Cut-off and grinding wheels
    www.IAGPERFORMANCE.com

Quote Originally Posted by mx_racer428 View Post
    how well do you like your synk 200? i am very close to picking one up.
    i like it. i havent had anything i couldnt weld up yet. As far as comparing it to other machines only thing i can compare it to is an econotig and sync180.

have you hit the dyno yet? Just wondering about it since you mentioned it and i'm curious.

recently i did 431/396 with out the nitrouse...hoping to go back and break 500 with the spray, but i'm just now getting back on track with my bills from a slow february/march
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post
    have you hit the dyno yet? Just wondering about it since you mentioned it and i'm curious.

recently i did 431/396 with out the nitrouse...hoping to go back and break 500 with the spray, but i'm just now getting back on track with my bills from a slow february/march

Yes sorry its been a very busy week. I have fought issues with the car that were totally unexpected. I got the car on the dyno after the initial break in heat cycles and first oil change.

All the sudden we had ignition issues and lots of break up. Long story short i will never run another MSD product again. After 7 hours of figuring out the cause and rewiring and pullin out my M&W ignition and going back to stock it was an MSD hvac2 coil that took a dump.

So then next problem. The car would hit a brick wall at about 7k rpm. After about another 7 or so hours of diagnosing why vtec wasnt working we figure out that the machine shop didnt put two pins back into the head and vtec wouldnt engage because the sliders were pretty much floating.

Anyways we got it all back together today and strapped it down and i dont have a boost controller. On wastegate pressure 22psi it made 548whp and i cant remember the exact torque but i wanna say it was alittle over 350. Timing is very conservative beings at this power level we are going to get kicked out for not having the license to go over 135mph so wasnt any point to squeeze more power. We are about 5-6 degrees below where we should be on the timing but i felt i wanted to play it safe the first time out.

all i know is the turbo is calling us pussies and telling us to turn her up haha.

Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post

what are you running?