Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Cool So wut if im 16!!!!

hey some pics from my around the house projects keep in mind im 16 with maybe 60 hours of welding expeirence.i took the barbed wire tractor accesorie from this site its not quite done yet though. I know this is a miller forum but one pic is my hobart welder and matching cart. plus my team roping dumby. and finally my welding table with vise. also keep in mind that I only weld with scrap I find off my grandpas old farm stead he purchased.I use a hobart handler 140 with flux-cored i love that little machine!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    serious welder lol!!!!

hobart 140 handler
    dewalt mitor saw
    makita grinder
    dewalt saw
    dewalt drill gun
    a nice hammer
    and some clamps

Thumbs up k

hopefully everything uploaded well
    serious welder lol!!!!

hobart 140 handler
    dewalt mitor saw
    makita grinder
    dewalt saw
    dewalt drill gun
    a nice hammer
    and some clamps

Schwede:
    Welcome to the forum. I'm also relatively new to this forum and have found it really valuable. The folks here are great people and have a huge amount of experience. To be honest, compared to the bunch of Pro's on this forum, I know nothing - but, I've burned a lot of wire and learning with each project.

Good going on trying out various projects, I love that wire rack, I've made a similar one. The ones I've made with a vertical post always ended up with a rat nest when I pulled the wire. So, I made a rig with a horizontal shaft to hold the wire and laid a bar or post or something on the spool of wire to keep it from running away. It helps of the spool has light friction on it.

That Flux Core will serve you well on a farm / ranch application. You won't have to carry gas or deal with wind so much when welding away from the shop. However, be sure to get some gas and try solid wire - the difference is amazing.
    MTBob
    Logan Lathe
    Clausing Mill
    Walker Turner Drill Press

Lightbulb

Please limit your internet pic size to 800 x 600. Many of us are still on dial-up.
    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.

We love helping out younguns. Just make sure that you do your part...

*Read all the resources there are, such as the Miller "Improving your Skills" section and strive to improve your skills.

*Never weld anything that might compromise safety of life or result in property damage if it fails (ie trailer tongues, vehicle suspensions, overhead lifting equipment, or airplanes) UNTIL you're qualified.

*Practice! Test your welds with the root bend test. See more testing procedures at http://www.arcraftplasma.com/welding...a/physical.htm

*Be honest, humble, safe, and fill your brain up with everything you can because it's not going to be like a sponge for long!

So what if you're 16? We we're 16 too, and some of us even still remember it. And we all agree that it's a MIRACLE we are still alive!
    Equipped with red and blue... and red and green!
    80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

"So what if your 16" thats about when i got started when i wnated to make a dune buggy out of my VW bug, that was in 1974. I have ben makin a good living at it since. I havent stopped learning. Have fun and keep it up.
    WELDCKR
    Miller XMT 350
    Miller Spectrum 3080
    Hobart Beta-Mig
    Lincoln Square wave 175
    Victor Jouneyman
    Whole bunch of Dewalt stuff

Talking Started at 16 & Still Going !!!

Hello and Welcome;

I also started Welding for a living at 16, That was 42yrs. ago !!

Every day I can't wait to get up to start my day earning my bread & butter at what I Love to do, Welding & Running My Own Business !!

............... Norm :

Sunrise Outside My Shop In Delhi, Ontario

- Arcair- K 4000 CAC.

- LN-25 Wire Feeder

- Lincoln Ranger 8- Engine Drive- CC\CV:

- Lincoln Power Mig 180C
    - Spoolgun.
    - DeWalt Chop Saw .
    - DeWalt Compressor - 13cfm, @ 100 psi.

www.normsmobilewelding.blogspot.com

sweet im not the only one know
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

when i was 16 my welds they called "gorilla welds" they were ugly but held for the most part sometimes. lol. Find a nitch and dont give it up
    Welderrepairman
    "A Welders Helper"

millermatic 251
    spectrum 375
    sp-32
    Lincoln squarewave 175 tig

check out my webpage: www.coastaltechnicalservices.com
    email welderrepairman@hotmail.com

Im still with ya only 17 here...

I did get my D1.1 in mig on plate and pipe when I was 16.