Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Want to build kids ferris wheel ( have example )

I have a hossfeld #2 bender and i am looking to build a kids ferris wheel for my new born daughter. i found the perfect example on a bender wedsite. the ferris wheel is large enough to hold 2 kids and is powered from someone pedalling a stationary bike. i contacted the bender website from Colorado City, CO 81019. and asked if they sold plans for any information about the ferris wheel on there website. i was told the ferris wheel has been sold and couldnt give me any information about it.
    i have no problem making the frame for the ferris wheel. but i do have many questions about what bearings are being used? how does the drive from the wheel to the bike pedals work? what kind of seats and selt belts are being used for safety? if anyone knows a company who sells these kids ferris wheels i would love to know. if you have any help i would love to hear what you have to say. thank you.

*heres a pic and video of the ferris wheel-

http://www.shopoutfitters.com/Univer...eel_movie.html

*heres a youtube video i put up about the hossfeld bender-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0P3aubl1W0 (part1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Mzn...eature=related (part2)

Default Wheel

hello,
    Bearings: A "4 bolt flange bearing" This I,m sure of.
    Drive: Can be done with right angle gear box or two "bevel gears"
    Well good luck Vernon

in your other thread I posted some details on eletric drive ,but i have some more ideas. If you have a arge 1/2 electric drill this could e easily adapted to work so could a imact wrench or air ratchet, if you are set on the pedal driven desin make the staonary bike paralell to the wheel so no right angle gear boxes are nesasary. you can get roller chain and sprockets at www.surpluscenter.com.