Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aspeyrer View Post
    Come on! check out the Tubing nothcer from Williams Lowbuck! you dont need a drill! i can notch a tube in under 30 seconds, no drill, no drill bits, no sparks, or cutting fluid.
    The Williams Lowbuck notcher is the only notcher i will ever use again, it has a case hardened jaw that takes a bite out of the steel. all you need is a 4 foot steel handle to operate notcher.
    Ive used those, they arent as accurate for angles as a hole saw, or end mill, or sanding belt style.. Good for pipe though, and fast.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

yes new jd mower
    any pics of the williams
    i use a milwaukee 1/2 drill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can't beat the JD zero turn, (especially with Grandson at the wheel)
    That notcher is definetly heavyduty!

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Retired Elevator Consrtructor Local 19 IUEC
    AK bush pilot (no longer in AK) too old and no longer bold)
    Chaplain CMA chapter 26
    Dynasty200dx (new and loving it)
    MM-252 (NEW AND LEARNING IT)
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Miller 140 mig 110v
    Vtwin builder

That's an awesome looking tool and I'd be proud to have it.

There don't SEEM to be any 1/2" hole saws. Looks like they start at 3/4".

No demand for it, is there another way to notch 1/2" tubing or maybe it's just not done? It's probably a stupid question.

Thank You
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's an awesome looking tool and I'd be proud to have it.

There don't SEEM to be any 1/2" hole saws. Looks like they start at 3/4".

No demand for it, is there another way to notch 1/2" tubing or maybe it's just not done? It's probably a stupid question.

Thank You
    Hole saws come in many sizes and yes they do come smaller than 1/2. I have a similar version of the notcher posted and it works great. You can make high angle notches, offset notches, compound notches and clamp it to a larger pipe and drill holes through for sleeves. That is very handy for race cage building as you can shave off small amounts to dial down to a tight fit. With this type unit the shaft is larger than 1/2 so you can't make high angle drill throughs in sizes under 1"
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicegrip View Post
    Hole saws come in many sizes and yes they do come smaller than 1/2. I have a similar version of the notcher posted and it works great. You can make high angle notches, offset notches, compound notches and clamp it to a larger pipe and drill holes through for sleeves. That is very handy for race cage building as you can shave off small amounts to dial down to a tight fit. With this type unit the shaft is larger than 1/2 so you can't make high angle drill throughs in sizes under 1"

Thank You. My ten minutes of interwb search didn't find one. I'll try again.

John
    MillerMatic 140 Auto-Set

Default Where are you located in Florida?

BC.

Where in Florida are you located?

I live in east central Florida (Melbourne).

Nice tube notcher.

David
    Learn new things every day.
    You only have so many days.

Century Mig.
    Craftsman stick.
    Miller Diversion 165 Tig
    Hobart Plasma
    HF DC Tig
    1-O/A out fit

My JD notcher looks good. However, I think I am going to weld a 1/4 inch thick piece of aluminum at a right angle to the notcher so instead of claming the tool in a vise end for end I will have that flange to clamp to. What do you think?

ive got one of the notchmasters too the only thing that beats this is an endmill. i just wish i could find some better holesaw to shaft adapters ive had the morse and lennox ones fail
    MM 251
    DYNASTY 200DX
    SPECTRUM 625
    STARTS AND STRIPES BIG WINDOW ELITE

I have the same tube notcher... its a beast!

Millermatic 252
    Miller Dynasty 200DX