Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default new jd tube notcher

boughrt a new jd2 tube notcher its HD
    must be 30lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images

ive used one like it u wont have 2 clamp it down .real nice

Wow! That looks really solid. I bought the aluminum one and the jd m3 bender, havent seen it yet, but am excited to. Have you checked out their free bender software? I downloaded it and it looks pretty good. Havent put it to practicle use yet, but it looks promising. Make the mistake on the computer and not expensive material.

Quote Originally Posted by BC Iron works View Post
    boughrt a new jd2 tube notcher its HD
    must be 30lbs
    hope you like the hole saw notchers!, i bought a notcher made by Williams Lowbuck. its a mechanical notcher, no hole saw. its the best notcher ever made! i can notch the end of a tube in under 30 secs. cost around 300 dollars.

the jd2 was $300.00

That looks identical to my JMR and it has worked well for me for about 4 years now. Good solid tool. Mike.

Cool

Thats got to be the cleanest looking John Deer in the background of the 3rd pic i have ever seen. The notcher's cool too...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Thats got to be the cleanest looking John Deer in the background of the 3rd pic i have ever seen. The notcher's cool too...Bob
    I agree It must be brand new...lol no way it would stay that clean here, even after I CLEANED it
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

what kind of drill is needed to use it

Quote Originally Posted by got wide View Post
    what kind of drill is needed to use it
    Come on! check out the Tubing nothcer from Williams Lowbuck! you dont need a drill! i can notch a tube in under 30 seconds, no drill, no drill bits, no sparks, or cutting fluid.
    The Williams Lowbuck notcher is the only notcher i will ever use again, it has a case hardened jaw that takes a bite out of the steel. all you need is a 4 foot steel handle to operate notcher.