Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help please

a miller welder/product can be repaired at any reputable authorized dealer regardless of where you buy it. my LWS told me that when i was looking at getting my MIG on line. and although i have never needed service on amy of my Miller equipment over the last 6 years i have had them i know i could have taken it to my LWS for service should i need it. thats a big part of why i spent the extra $$ to get a miller. as you said its a lot of $$ i don't want to spend all that $ only to have it break 6 months later and end up with a paper wait because i cant get it fixed. my LWS is also an authorized thermal arc repair and seller so i can get service for it locally also. the $ i spent on it was very hard to come by and i did not want to risk a paper wait with it aether. you should always look into service options in your area be for you buy any brand. miller is good about having an option almost any where but thermal arc was at the time not so well covered by service so i checked be for purchasing. if i could not get local service i would have stuck it out and kept saving till i could afford the dyn200, probably another year. i also got my TA-185 at ioc and had a service issue with it when i got it and it was covered and taken care of locally with no down time..
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    has anyone used Miller4less? Their prices seem really good! Just scared of buying stuff that cost a lot of money over the internet then can't fix it later locally...Want to know if they are really reputable...
    thanks,
    bert
    Haven't used them, but I have used IOC with very good experience. They are a real welding supplier btw. I noticed that IOC is also cheaper.

if you are only talking about $10-20 diference go with IOC. i used them for all my welding and cutting power scorces and they are top notch. you get tracking numbers in your e-mail and the dilivery is fast. they are great to deal with.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

yah that is it thank y`all

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default Dynasty/tent sale

Just got back from the tent sale. Bought 3 pairs of welding gloves for $3.60 a pair. They had one contractor's kit left, but I didn't buy it. I ran into an old co-worker and he said he purchased the whole Dynasty 200DX package with the contractor's kit a few months ago. Price was like he got the contractor's kit for free! Since I got the machine already, I'm looking at IOC's e-bay store to see only what the kit cost. Can't find it yet.
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

you should just pice it togather off e-bay, its cheaper and you can get a flow meeter insted of a gage, and the SCS foot controle is realy nice some prefer it to the miller version any way.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Default fun4now

sorry, sometimes, too lazy that way. I would buy a couple of things, wait for shipping, get all excited, try to hook it up, find I'm missing something else, etc. Sometimes ain't worth it...I went back to pick it up (Found it on IOC, but then it was only $10.00 cheaper AND I would have to pay for shipping (not part of the "free" 48 states...yeesh).
    I'm not late...

sorry, sometimes, too lazy that way. I would buy a couple of things, wait for shipping, get all excited, try to hook it up, find I'm missing something else, etc. Sometimes ain't worth it...I went back to pick it up (Found it on IOC, but then it was only $10.00 cheaper AND I would have to pay for shipping (not part of the "free" 48 states...yeesh).
    Well, order that Dynasty 350 tig runner with it, then you'll get free shipping. As for finding that you need an unforeseen item, tell me about it. I use to live in the mountains of Idaho.

Err........Oh I forgot ....you live in Tonga
    Last edited by r90s; 08-04-2007 at 09:31 PM.
    Careful with That Axe, Eugene

TONGA???!!!! No, not THAT bad!!!!!!! But sometimes, if they don't have something and another store doesn't have it, we have to wait at least a week for it to come ing....
    I'm not late...

Default Oh!

TONGA???!!!! No, not THAT bad!!!!!!! But sometimes, if they don't have something and another store doesn't have it, we have to wait at least a week for it to come ing....
    Tonga, Tahiti, Hawaii, whats the dif, all just Chinese stepping stones, after Taiwan.
    Careful with That Axe, Eugene