Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Tanks

I just bought two 125 cf tanks from Airgas for $164.00 each, and the 80 cf were around $159.00. So it was a no brainer on which to buy. I bought others in the past as well and have never had a problem exchanging them. But it wouldn't hurt to keep the receipt in case they ever ask for it. You may check around, and get a better price from someone in your area, make sure to check prices on the different sizes, the larger one may only be just a little more. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702
    Depends on where you live. I find it odd every time I see somebody say that because I have receipts only for the two tanks I bought last month (and I don't plan on saving them.) I have 8 other tanks, NONE with receipts, and never have a problem exchanging them, and I've gotten gas from three different dealers in this area, Praxair, Airgas, and California Industrial.
    I have seen when there is a theft somewhere, they will start checking paper work. I havent been checked in a long time , but if they do, and you dont have it , you dont get it.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Reminds me of a little story that happened to a freind of mine in Tucson. A little twist on the ownership papers thing. He was renting his bottles and the outfit he was renting from sold out to another company. In the transfer his paperwork got lost and when he tried to get a refill there was no record of him, they said as far as they were concerned, he owned the bottles so he basicly got a free OA bottle set. As far as I know he has never had a problem filling them.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

50#guage Guest

Red face gas bottle

as a newcomer my question is- is the bottle (for wire fed units) flamable to the point where it should be in a separate area than a heater or furnace?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 50#guage
    is the bottle (for wire fed units) flamable?
    No. At least , it shouldn't be, unless you are doing something strange. A wire-feed MIG uses either 100% CO2 (as in a type B fire extinguisher) or some mixture of CO2 with argon and/or helium (both inert.)

Default mini engine stand

This is just somthing that I tossed together for working on small engines(snowmobile,atv,lawn mower).It works just like the full size ones just on a smaller scale.It`s a lot better than rolling the engine around on the work bench when your trying to put them together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry that`s my first post, I didn`t mean to put it there.

Billy,
    That looks like one of my earlier attempts at a silhouette target for my Mini-14... A .223 leaves about a 1/2" copper-plated hole in 1/4" mild steel like crap through a goose.

every time I use it, it seams like I have to drill new holes to bolt the motor on