Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default In need of inexpensive projects!

New to the forum, sure am glad that I did find it! I am a a metal shop teacher at the high school level and I am always looking for inexpensive projects that my students can build and take home. Whether it be metal art for mom or a functional project for dad. If you have any ideas that would be great or links to send me in that direction. Thanks for time and reading my post.

Check out:
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...chments&t=1522

and/or search for "horseshoe" and you'll find a bunch of projects, watch for the attachment icon in the listing and click on that to see the attached pictures. Contact a local farrier to get horseshoes. Around here they have so many used ones, they'll give them away.

You can get some ideas from these photos I've referenced above - there may be others on this forum. Why not challenge the students with the idea of developing the most creative project using horseshoes? It's really surprising what people think up with these things.
    Last edited by MTBob; 01-26-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    MTBob
    Logan Lathe
    Clausing Mill
    Walker Turner Drill Press

Here's a little something that would suit.

Mine's aluminium, but no reason you couldn't adapt it to be made from steel.

Al...

Here is 2 I did years ago
    bike and man 2.jpg
    The bike took a bit, OA tourch.
    The man MIG, 1 hour, the rotor is just a stand.
    Last edited by redintn; 01-26-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: caint spell, what of it LOL
    Be safe
    Jeff

Give more than you get and
    you will get more than ya need.
    This is true for the good and bad
    that life puts out.

Northern california? Ideal environment for wine racks.

They can go hog wild with ideas, ranging from the industrial rebar rack, to elegant, simple designs using rings of pipe to support bottles by the neck.

Make a heavy duty nutcracker. Takes about 24" of 1" square tubing and a hinge.

80% of failures are from 20% of causes
    Never compromise your principles today in the name of furthering them in the future.
    "All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work." -Sgt. Bilko
    "We are generally better persuaded by reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others." -Pascal
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." -Pascal

Default Christmas tree stand

It was manufactured in Salem Oregon by Ed Hoem (Hoemkraft Ornamental Iron). I was unable to locate a website for that company but located it about a year ago.

Here's a newspaper article about Mr. Hoem
    http://www.salemelectric.com/bulleti...9/2002_09.aspx