Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default new here sort of

Hi to all

My name Is Becky and I usually look at this message board with dave (dabar39).
    A while back I saw someones girlfriends pictures and it got me interested in doing some metal work. Dave has been trying to teach me how to do it when he's got some spare time and thats not very often. Anyways, I thought I would show off what I've learned so far. These are some brackets I made with his scroll tool thingy for hanging hurricane lamps. This is my attempt at gas welding, he's making me start with this because he says it will make me do the rest easier, I don't know if hes lying to me so I don't mess up his other welders or if hes telling the truth, either way I guess I gotta trust him. Don't be afraid to tell me what you think, Dave said I did good and he likes them, I'm hoping hes not just saying that so he doesn't hurt my feelings, I won't learn that way. Becky
    Attached Images Attached Images

As you gain experience..........your projects will look less blurry

As you gain experience..........your projects will look less blurry
    LOL thats great.
    the hangers are great, he is not just being nice. also the torch is the best way to start. its how i started and when i moved on to TIG recently i was doing aluminum welds within a few days due to my back ground in O/A . he is starting you off great. looking forward to seeing more of your work. those hangers would be great for hanging plants out side and in also.

i would have to say your teacher is doing a great job, he just needs to work on your camera work next.
    good to have you with us.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Default camera work

This is Dave's camera and I don't know how to change the settings and what not. I'll see if I can get him to take better pictures when he gets home from the shop tonight. I already was thinking about making some for outside and having him powder coat them for me so they won't rust.

If you can see it in the pictures I had to hang them unpainted right now, he's been so busy at the shop that he hasn't been able to teach me how to paint properly yet.

Default You just can't trust a woman to listen to ya!

Becky, I told you to stay in your cage til I got home tonight

I'll help you with the pics tonight when I get home, just remind me and don't get mad if I forget about them.

Hey guy's, She's not doing too bad for the limited time I have spent with her. She's really excited that I made the finals in the weekend welder challenge and is already talking about building something to out do my project for next year. Gotta love a challenge like that. We already have a side bet about it too. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Cool Not bad not bad at all

Make two more and put them out side for hanging baskets just off the front porch or on each side of the patio doors and hang lights off them.You'll fit in here just fine with that kind of creativity.