Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie_486 View Post
    That's been my experience as well. I worked at an ASME shop operating under the U,R & S stamps. We always hydro tested at well above operating pressure.

Bob,
    Do you work at the refinery off Raff Rd.?
    Yes i am there until April 1st when i "retire". 10 years here is enough...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Quote Originally Posted by engnerdan View Post
    Build a smoker or a grill, do not attempt to use it! I just scored a 30 gallon tank from work that started leaking, when we cut it open there was crud in the bottom almost 2 inches deep the entire length of the tank. It had been drained but the drain was off set from the middle and there was always water left in the tank.

-Dan
    This is why the drain should be at the end of the tank, and the tank should be set with a slight pitch toward it.

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    Yes i am there until April 1st when i "retire". 10 years here is enough...Bob
    Well let me wish you a happy retirement.

I used to live in one of the trailer parks, I was able to see the refinery (while I was in Ohio that is). I had a trucking operation consisting of 7 trucks and used the trailer as a crash pad when I was in the area. I hauled a lot out of the Timken Gamby mill, mostly pierced tubing going back yonder where I had my real home on the side of Magazine Mtn. in Yell Co. Arkansas (before the clintons became famous). With the brutal winters we have here I sure do wish I was back there!!!
    Blondie (Owner C & S Automotive)

Colt the original point & click interface!

Millermatic 35 with spot panel
    Miller 340A/BP
    Victor O/A torches
    Lincoln SP125
    Too many other tools to list

03 Ram 1500
    78 GS1000
    82 GL1100 Interstate