Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Admin

Holly or whoever responds to Admin,
    thanks for doing such a great job! I know how hard it is trying to revise everything and keep people happy! I know I'm to blame some for people having a difficult time to find the thread or post for a specific answer, too many hijacks I promise to be better in the future
    But, what fun said, wish we could have SOME kind of contact info, and would be cool to put it in the contract to enter...
    Sincerely,
    bert
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

its funny they can list our name with the project but not a contact e-mail ?? i would think it would be the other way around. an e-mail is not always a persons real name so for privacy you could use the e-mail instead of there name. it just seemed strange they could give out a name but not a screen name ?? thats all i was getting at.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    its funny they can list our name with the project but not a contact e-mail ?? i would think it would be the other way around. an e-mail is not always a persons real name so for privacy you could use the e-mail instead of there name. it just seemed strange they could give out a name but not a screen name ?? thats all i was getting at.
    I agree with you James 110% looks to me it would be better using there e-mail then there name ( cause we could also e-mail them) cause most e-mail address ain`t people`s real names

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default Contact info

Thanks for the comments. I will bring up the idea the next time we have a welder challenge. I suspect there would be a concern that people may not enter if their e-mail address were publicized. We don't publish the person's whole name, so they can't be found/contacted easily. Also, all members are not message board members (only PowerClick) so we can't use a screen name to credit projects. Where I have used screen names is where I've taken the pictures right from the boards because I have no other way to safely give the person the proper credit.

Interesting point, like I said, I'll keep it in my pocket for next time.

Thanks!

PS: the voting ends Aug 15

maybe give the entrants the option to be contacted with questions ?? that way they could chose to be available if they were willing to help others build, and stay uncontacted if they dont have the time or intrest to help others.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES