Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    447

    Default Custom Dual in-tank pump setup

    Well, since alcohol requires quite a bit more volume than regular petroleum based fuels i had to come up with a way to improve flow at higher pressures and keeping pressure at higher volumes

    Since the pics are not hosted on a third party serve will just link to the build thread on my Mitsubishi forums.. Hope thats cool...well let me know what you think, they are 2 walbro 255lph pumps running in parallel.

    There wasn't much welding (some low silicone bronze TIG-brazing was most of it) then there was the "H" frame that attachés the pumps to each other.. a few little welds there too

    Let me know what you guys and galls think... I built the entire fuel system, pumps, lines fittings and all for less than the price of only the aftermarket dual pump hanger for a Mitsubishi eclipse (which are all known to leak from square one) 'm hoping to be leak free *prays*

    If this checks out good, the it's install the new turbo (should be in by next Thursday or so), add the nitrous, longer wheel studs for my custom 15 inch rims that hold my clickes... wold have go them today but the store was out of stock

    Here's the link, it's a simple project, but i'm very prod f how coena it came out, The fuel distribution block had to be made with a 4 inch angle grinder since my late and mill are at my folks place and i'm sure they wouldn't be happy to m=wake up to me mahciing
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt...#post151737136
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post
    Well, since alcohol requires quite a bit more volume than regular petroleum based fuels i had to come up with a way to improve flow at higher pressures and keeping pressure at higher volumes

    Since the pics are not hosted on a third party serve will just link to the build thread on my Mitsubishi forums.. Hope thats cool...well let me know what you think, they are 2 walbro 255lph pumps running in parallel.

    There wasn't much welding (some low silicone bronze TIG-brazing was most of it) then there was the "H" frame that attachés the pumps to each other.. a few little welds there too

    Let me know what you guys and galls think... I built the entire fuel system, pumps, lines fittings and all for less than the price of only the aftermarket dual pump hanger for a Mitsubishi eclipse (which are all known to leak from square one) 'm hoping to be leak free *prays*

    If this checks out good, the it's install the new turbo (should be in by next Thursday or so), add the nitrous, longer wheel studs for my custom 15 inch rims that hold my clickes... wold have go them today but the store was out of stock

    Here's the link, it's a simple project, but i'm very prod f how coena it came out, The fuel distribution block had to be made with a 4 inch angle grinder since my late and mill are at my folks place and i'm sure they wouldn't be happy to m=wake up to me mahciing
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bolt...#post151737136

    Nice, but you sure you need that much fuel?

    I upgraded to a single walbro 255 from a 190 that wasnt even near max..., just because I am going to need a little more with my next h/c setup. ANyways Im at 435 rwhp, and There is plenty left, I could probably be in the mid to upper 500's and still not have anything to worry about..


    I think a 255 is actually rated to 650 hp if memory serves me right.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

    Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

    2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Yea, the reason i need 2 is for running E85, well i'm not sure i "needed" 2, but since i was going to build a whole -6 feed line it was only a matter of one other fitting and the junction block to add the second. I was having fuel startvation problems on 1kcc/in injectors being at 100% duty cycle at 431hp on e85 (which they shuoldn't have been, i've seen 445 made on 750cc/min injectors at just over 90% duty cycle)

    And since i had replaced my 255 once thinking maybe it was going bad causing my fuel shortages, i figured why not throw em both in there, at least there will be plenty for the injectors and the N20 system
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badd00SS View Post
    Nice, but you sure you need that much fuel?

    I upgraded to a single walbro 255 from a 190 that wasnt even near max..., just because I am going to need a little more with my next h/c setup. ANyways Im at 435 rwhp, and There is plenty left, I could probably be in the mid to upper 500's and still not have anything to worry about..


    I think a 255 is actually rated to 650 hp if memory serves me right.
    You can never have too much fuel!

    Nice setup, I am thinking of doing a twin Walbro setup for a Mustang like that. A lot better than a sumped tank.

    Tobin
    MM251
    Miller Dialarc HF-P 310 Amp Tig
    Victor O/A Setup
    Lincolin 225Amp Buzzbox
    Cummins Freak

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerstrokinit View Post
    You can never have too much fuel!

    Nice setup, I am thinking of doing a twin Walbro setup for a Mustang like that. A lot better than a sumped tank.

    Tobin
    Thats true, Just seems excessive to me.
    My car has been on a diet for years....

    OP, is your car going for 1/4 mile, or street use?
    Last edited by Badd00SS; 01-26-2009 at 09:04 AM.
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

    Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

    2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    447

    Default

    It's mainly a street sleeper, with an appetite for vettes and vipers

    I have some slicks and the trans is a custom close ratio with an ATB (automatic torque biasing) LSD - it uses helical (sp?) gears that press agaisnt each other instead of a pack of clutch disks, so it ensures a positive lock every time. It also won't slip, chatter, or need servicing.... Of course it's more for drag than for street use, but this same diff has been contracted for use in many OEM applications (the SRT-4 for example )

    it's a Quaife LSD if you know the brand.

    MY total goal is to break into the low 11's by sand-bagging until i get the launch down then i'm turning her loose. I want to be told i can't race anymore until i have a cage in the car

    THis car is also my daily driver (when i drive a car anyway)
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turboglenn View Post
    It's mainly a street sleeper, with an appetite for vettes and vipers

    I have some slicks and the trans is a custom close ratio with an ATB (automatic torque biasing) LSD - it uses helical (sp?) gears that press agaisnt each other instead of a pack of clutch disks, so it ensures a positive lock every time. It also won't slip, chatter, or need servicing.... Of course it's more for drag than for street use, but this same diff has been contracted for use in many OEM applications (the SRT-4 for example )

    it's a Quaife LSD if you know the brand.

    MY total goal is to break into the low 11's by sand-bagging until i get the launch down then i'm turning her loose. I want to be told i can't race anymore until i have a cage in the car

    THis car is also my daily driver (when i drive a car anyway)
    I know that LSd well.

    All you have to do is run an 11.49 to get kicked out...

    When you take her down the strip post some info. I wanna see how she launches...
    Voigt Precision Welding, Inc.

    Miller Dynasty 200 DX, Miller Syncrowave 250, MillerMatic 252, Hypertherm Powermax 45, Auto Arc Trailpower 8000,272+187 lb Peter Wright anvil, 120 lb Fisher-norris, and more! Buffalo drill press, Grizzly Horiz. Bandsaw, Edwards shear, Barth Shear, bantam mechanical ironworker, Hopkins fly press, Doall Bandsaw, brown and sharpe surface grinder.

    2007 Silverado 2500HD (tow vehicle)
    2000 Camaro SS (Race car)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.