Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I dont think the flaming car would get by with the lawyers in the US. Dyed mace perhaps?
    Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
    Miller 180 w/Autoset
    Old cutting torch on LPG

[QUOTE=Cargoon;199655]
    My buddies and I are trying to come up with one that locks the doors and fill your car with water but we have hit a few snags in the planning process.
    QUOTE]

Why ruin a perfectly good car, fill it with CO (Carbon Monoxide) Odorless, colorless, tasteless. They will get a headache, sleepy, and .........oh yea, HERE'S THE GOOD PART....They never wake up!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

I've made a few fuel pump cutoff devices. Auto-engages when engine stops. Car will start off residual fuel pressure but then die if you don't press the super secret button.

get an alarm with gps and on line locater. If the car moves it shows you where and alerts you via e-mail. You can then track it's location on line. Take your.45 and your Iphone and retrieve it yourself. That's my system. It has it's own battery and is secured in a 1/4" plate housing in the trunk that's hidden and locked. Screw Lo-Jack, you have to hope the police feel like doing something about your car. I live to close to Mexico for that. Besides you can call the cops to pick up the A$$h0les who took it later.
    DYNASTY 200SD
    COOLMATE 1
    MM140AS
    SPOOLMATE 100
    SPECTRUM 625 X-TREME
    SPECTRUM 125C

Talking

What I did after someone tried to hijact my 2003 F350 Lariat is remove the locking mechanism from my door and installed a blank (no lock) faceplate to both sides. I can still open it automaticly. I had installed a full alarm system with a pager, but they (had to be 2 of them) popped the hood imediately and disconnected my siren. Naturally my pager was downstairs and I didn't hear it go off though my starter inhibitor kicked in.

What I did for my Chev truck is use a 14 pin amphenol. Loaded all 14 pin slots with long dummy wires and tye wrapped them here and there through factory harnessing and actually only using 4 of them to disconnect my starter and fuel pump.

On the other side I used a male removeable 14 pin plug and made jumpers to complete the circuits. A potential thief really doesn't want to spend the time searching for the wiring.

However many thieves now use Tow trucks, not too difficult to boom out to your vehicle, lift it and move it to a place that they can secure it in private.
    Last edited by cruizer; 07-30-2009 at 12:14 PM.

just let max here sleep inside your car, and just feed him in the morning, if someone gets in, you don't need to feed him that morning!
    Attached Images Attached Images

All he needs is a big kiss and he'll point to the good stuff. Cute dog.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press
    Propane Forge
    60" X 60" router/plasma table

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTu7wicVCmQ
    Vist my site: www.nixstuff.com
    and check out some of my ironwork and other stuff

maybe, but it takes some big marbles to kiss him! actually, he is a great dog. He's been trained to let you in, but won't let you leave. he won't actually bite you, just hold you down. at almost 170lbs, he's pretty good at it! Bullmastifs make great family dogs, real couch spuds, but the intimidating looks keep most people at bay.
    There's some really good antitheft systems out there now for marine use, could probably be used for vehicles, but a bit pricey. They alert you (and cops) by cellphone, can track the vehicle by gps (you can watch it move on your computer) and you can even talk to the theives on your phone via transmiters placed in the boat. ah, i love technology!

Years ago the family at the end of the street had a Mastif which was the buddy of the man of the family. The man died and I don't think the dog was getting attention. He started hanging out at my house, sleeping under my bushes by my front door. As the temps got colder, we brought him in and we had Pekes. He was so sweet. He would lay beside my chair and put his head under my arm to make me pet him. Great dog. He was old. One the day the family was moving away, they stopped if front of my house and called the dog. He barked as if to protect our turf. They drove off. He stayed. His name
    was Riley. We called him "Ole Rile". He died after a while but he knew we loved him. Typing this brings back the pain. The Pekes are gone too. Now we have Chows to love. I never forget my dogs and the pleasure they have brought to my life. More than most people I know. Their love is unconditional.
    I have to go and kiss my Chows now.
    Nick
    Miller 252 Mig
    Miller Cricket XL
    Millermatic 150 Mig
    Miller Syncrowave 200 Tig
    2-O/A outfits
    Jet Lathe and Mill
    Jet 7x12 horz/vert band saw
    DeWalt Multi Cutter metal saw
    Century 50 Amp Plasma Cutter
    20 ton electric/hydraulic vertical press