Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shop Stove

Default New Shop Stove

I built a new stove for my shop out of 16" pipe & added a heat exchanger to the top of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know right where you got the idea..............

And if you could find some HiTemp paint, I'd paint it up just like the A10......
    RoyB
    Dartmouth, MA

http://www.rvbprecision.com

Millermatic 185 MIG
    Miller Diversion 165
    Purox W200 O/A
    Grizzly 9957 Mill
    Grizzly 4030 Metal Band Saw
    Grizzly 1050 Knife Belt Sander
    Jet 1236 Metal Lathe
    TP Blast Cabinet

That's one sweet stove. That heat exchanger and blower should really heat your shop. For some time I had a wood stove in my shop and it worked great. The one problem that I ran into was in the spring time the darn birds would fly down the chimney & try to build a nest. then I had to take the pipe apart to get the carcasses out. I finally stopped them by putting a 1/2" wire mesh around the top vent.
    Good Job!
    MTBob
    Logan Lathe
    Clausing Mill
    Walker Turner Drill Press

Thumbs up Sweet Stove!

That is one fine looking stove. I'm afraid that all is in vain if you don't insulate that building though - but you know that.

I have a question. What is the gizmoe on the right side of the heat exchanger? It appears to be a can to feed liquid...it has a valve on it...what do you feed your stove besides wood?

Great job - may your nights in the shop be warm and cozy.

Default Awesome!

Very, Very!!! nice heater...I have a small one that I purchased at a garage sale and it has the same concept with a SMALL blower...however this is fantastic. How do you have the heat exchange setup so it won't blow the smoke? do you have two exhaust pipes feeding thru the exchange? I'm real curious, either way, this is great!
    Nothing like good old fashion heat, I just got a 16' trailer full of mesquite wood, that we went to go cut. I go thru alot of firewood....keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Finney View Post
    I built a new stove for my shop out of 16" pipe & added a heat exchanger to the top of it.
    Do you have a rough idea on how many BTU's that stove might put out 'cause I'm thinking your shop will get hot pretty quick. Sweet job Finney!! I'll give you my address and you can build me one.

Finney, That is great I have a Magic heat on my stove but it is no where near that size. Ya you may not have an insulated building but I dont think youll need it.

great looking stove, awsome work as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by jerems View Post
    That is one fine looking stove. I'm afraid that all is in vain if you don't insulate that building though - but you know that.

I have a question. What is the gizmoe on the right side of the heat exchanger? It appears to be a can to feed liquid...it has a valve on it...what do you feed your stove besides wood?

Great job - may your nights in the shop be warm and cozy.
    the only thing I can think of is it's to add water into the heat exchanger to make steam and blow the creosote out of it...
    Bobcat 225NT
    Cutmaster 52
    Lincoln Weld-Pak 100 buzz box
    Caterpillar TH63
    '07 Kawasaki ZZR600

I was thinking that he probably did what I did, Put a valve to add waste oil.