Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tig upgrade?

Question Tig upgrade?

Has anyone heard of these or used one? http://cgi.ebay.com/TIG-WELDER-UPGRA...QQcmdZViewItem . I have heard of these form several places but this is the first time I have seen one for sale.thanks
    welding...its awsome

looks good,
    it gives you the HF to start the arc and then controlse the gas flow for you so you dont need to do it manualy as well as looks like it alows for a foot controle i think.
    its just simplifying the process and makeing it easyer on the operator.
    it dosent show a foot controle but it would need some way to start stop the flow so i suspect you need to get one of them on your own. or use a clicker switch.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Does anyone else have any ideas as too how good these are? I looked up the company tokentools to see if I could buy one cheaper through there website cheaper but I couldn't even find them listed. Right now I only have an ac only machine but from what it sounds like its harder to learn if you start on aluminum and go to steel?
    welding...its awsome

Their web site link.
    http://www.tokentools.com.au/

Gosh, Aussy dollars use to be worth half of American dollars. Things change I guess.
    Last edited by r90s; 08-02-2007 at 09:14 AM.

Last edited by r90s; 08-02-2007 at 09:35 AM.

It sounds like their machines do OK for what they are. Too bad its so hard to find those and theres not someone else who makes em
    welding...its awsome

Yeah, some of us $ poor folks have to take an interest in these things, just in case.

It was interesting to see that comparison between that Italian inverter and the Lincoln.

oops!
    I forgot Lincoln bought another Italian company to make their inverter.
    Last edited by r90s; 08-02-2007 at 09:48 AM.

So does lincoln make something like this?
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    So does lincoln make something like this?
    No, I was referring to that CEA Rainbow 150, and the invertec, I couldn't find anything on that HF box.

I just provided that info so you could get a general feel of that product quality. I myself might go for that HF box, if I needed one, and asked more questions of the seller.-----My thoughts!

It is Chinese...
    May or may not have warranty or work.
    Canox WD5
    Synchrowave 180 SD
    Eutectic Wire Feeder