Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Harbor freight makes a bender that can do most of what yours does, they sell for about $ 100.00 and you may save yourself from making some dies.

The little bender that I have is a gem for the price, I use it all the time.

I looked at the HF bender, you're right it is similar... cause I stole the general design from them. But hey considering the time it took me to make this thing my equivalent rate is somewhere around 13 cents/hour. As it turned out by the time I realized this project was taking way too much time, it was too late to turn back. I guess I'm kinda bullheaded, if I can, I'd rather make a tool than buy one.
    While my design copies many of the HF / Hossfeld bender designs, I think the one difference is the above the arm saddles and tooling that I've built - mostly for smaller thinner stuff. If I bend heavy material, I need to bend between the arms.
    MTBob
    Logan Lathe
    Clausing Mill
    Walker Turner Drill Press

MTBob,
    What I appreciate most about your design is that you've mated designs from both the Hossfeld and the Diacro benders into one unit.
    Miller 251...sold the spoolgun to DiverBill.
    Miller DialArc 250
    Lincoln PrecisionTig 275
    Hypertherm 900 plasma cutter
    Bridgeport "J" head mill...tooled up
    Jet 14 X 40 lathe...ditto
    South Bend 9" lathe...yeah, got the change gears too
    Logan 7" shaper
    Ellis 3000 band saw
    Hossfeld bender w/shopbuilt hyd.
    Victor Journeyman torch and gauges
    3 Gerstner boxes of mostly Starrett tools
    Lots of dust bunnies