Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TS-Off-Road View Post
    With the right machine, it's actually quite easy.

Now do it with an Acetylene torch, that would be impressive!
    Everything is easy if you know how

i dont think i have a small enough tip, but i might give it a shot next time i get out to the shop with a few sec. to spare.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Try doing that while using filler.

It's a little harder but good practice and kind of fun.

Default practice

i think i'm going to go and dig some lawn mower blades out of the pile and practice welding them together! does that count??

thats about my skill level

nice welding on the razors!!

Smile Lawnmower blades

Ha Ha....you could weld them together with a rosebud tip
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

They're just fused togather. I just posted this thread hoping some more people would try and post pics too So.....
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

I tried it and ended up with a black eye...........of course I should have waited until my wife was done shaving her legs first.
    Rich Ferguson
    Sales Technician
    Jackson Welding Supply Co.
    "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
    www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

Ya Killin Me.....was she in the shower at the time???? anywho, I heard of a guy in Connecticut who used double edge razor blades with his name and number welded on as business cards.....them beer cans are tough to weld due to the coating of plastic on the inside, that was my mid life crisis a few years back, to be able to do that, now it is to run a bead on chewing gum foil....1 amp here we come....Paul
    More Spark Today Please

I've tried the cans but couldn't ever get them clean enough. Everytime I'd arc off it'd turn black with soot
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

you guys are cracking me up I DID the bubble gum wrapper thing with 316 ss filler rod , and it worked just fine, ...I'll post pics later.
    MUCH later...
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time