Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dabar39 View Post
    This was my winning entry for around the house category, nice idea on the step and good luck in the finals. Dave
    nice, looks like a winner
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

Well thanks fuzz. Doesn't sound like I made it but I will remember to vote when I get the newsletter.
    welding...its awsome

What time category is the step and the wood holder?

I don't even remember what the catagories were
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

1-6........6-12...........12-18 hrs 10 people in each

Default time frame

monte, mine was entered in the 1-5 hour category. Dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

dabar39
    looks great good luck.
    i would make one if i knoew anyone with a fire place. i thought about making some to sell but the time in and matereals it would be hard to get the $$ back you would need to make it werth doing.
    great job on your's.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I borrowed the step from the guy I made it for to get some better pics. He's actually been using it and scratched it up and messed up the dodge emblem I might repolish it and fix the ram before i give it back to him.

DSCN1167.JPG

DSCN1169.JPG

FSCN1166.JPG

DSCN1170.JPG
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

littlefuzz, personally I'd redo it for him since he let you borrow it again. Up to you
    Dave, 1-5 hour catagory...Bert, I would have taken the 10-12 hour catagory for the same thing
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Default 1-5 hrs.

Bert, this project took between 4-4 1/2 hrs start to finish. I entered this project because of the time factor and that the weekend hobby builder can easily make this same item with out any fancy or specialized tools and the ease of gathering materials.
    The whole project was done with scrap materials, the square tube for the frame was some legs for an old metal desk, the flat bar was just some left over drop material, same with the expanded metal on the base. The removable handle was from an old sign bracket that was on my building when I moved in, and the little u-shaped pieces on the front of it were old u-bolts from trailer axles. The dolly was primed and painted using rust-oleum enamel. I did buy the casters for it at about 2 bucks each at Lowes. This whole project can be made for about 30 dollars out of pocket expense. Dave
    Last edited by dabar39; 08-03-2007 at 11:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en