Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by fendermender View Post
    Neat rigs!
    How do you get the bottles in and out of the Hummer?
    I was thinking that louvered sheet metal sides,(like the hood) around the bed would keep criminal minds from seeing the equip. And still give ventilation.
    Might even work on the trailer as well???
    Just a thought.
    I would still like to have them like they are!!!
    We get the bottles in and out using our forklift.

See those black knobs on the side cover, in front of the bottles? Unscrew those, and that side cover swings forward on hinges allowing complete access to any of the 4 bottles in there.

As for criminal minds being tempted, we're on a secure military base. Armed guards at the gate and such. Very little to worry about. However, since there is no key needed to start and drive the HMMWV, she is garage kept.....parked inside our shop over night and on weekends. Worst we have to worry about is the teenagers from base housing, and from what I've seen they cause very little trouble.

Number1...What happened to your sig?? It was quite impressive to say the least. Nice pics too. Cool stuff

Also I sure hope you are planning on bracing that trailer tongue better
    No matter how thick the material it can still "wag" like that. BTDT

BTW...would your real name be Lt. Ryker??

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    Number1...What happened to your sig?? It was quite impressive to say the least. Nice pics too. Cool stuff

Also I sure hope you are planning on bracing that trailer tongue better
    No matter how thick the material it can still "wag" like that. BTDT

BTW...would your real name be Lt. Ryker??
    I try to keep my sig in my original post in any thread.

Once is enough. Don't need the same thing post after post clogging up a thread.

Anyway, the tongue, no. My tongue weight is 160 lbs, so the maximum stress on that weld joint is 160 lbs. What you don't see is that the tongue extends 3-4 feet into the trailer bed. If that won't support 160 lbs I need to find another profession. She tracks straight and true up to 75, no hint of any sway at all.

However, once I add the compressor, additional bottles, reels.....in other words once the trailer is fully complete, I will add whatever is necessary to the tongue. But regardless of what I do add, my goal is to keep the tongue weight around 150-160 lbs through selective positioning of the equipment yet to be added.

Thanks for the kind words from everyone. I'm just like you all, I love what I do and came here to help others and learn a thing or two myself. (I had to edit (remove) one of your smilies so I could insert my picture)
    Last edited by Number 1; 01-17-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Additional Thought
    Big 40 Deluxe
    12RC
    WC-24
    30A

Dynasty 700

XMT 456
    Custom Cart w/the following:
    S-74DX
    Optima Pulser
    Coolmate 3
    XR Control Box
    XR Alumna Pro Python W/C

CP 302 w/22A
    MM210
    Synchrowave 180 SD

Spectrum 2050

TB 302
    12RC
    WC-24
    30A
    HF 251 D1

Dynasty 200 Coming Soon

wow. that is to cool. the first pic is cool. was it hard to get the timeing to snap the pic?
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Quote Originally Posted by migwelder05 View Post
    wow. that is to cool. the first pic is cool. was it hard to get the timeing to snap the pic?

I didn't take that picture.

During testing, nobody would be allowed that close to a live fire exercise.
    During combat, there is much more to do than stand around snapping pictures. You're firing because someone is potentially firing at you.

During testing, high speed cameras are utilized to capture EVERYTHING, to be evaluated, re-evaluated, and evaluated some more at a later time.

Here's links to grainy video.....

http://www.truveo.com/LOSATLineofSig.../id/1091605309

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/439458/losat/

And some of high speed video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ke8X...eature=related

Number 1

That's some kind of skunkworks you got going there.

I assume your company is some form of on site contractor.

PS. I hope you don't take the use of "skunkworks" wrong. I spent several years in the military developing advanced weapons systems, to include considerable time in Israel studying their actions during the seven days war.

Nice work. Very interesting photos.

where could someone buy a hummve? any chance your came with a turret mounted machin gun?

Quote Originally Posted by SundownIII View Post
    Number 1

That's some kind of skunkworks you got going there.

I assume your company is some form of on site contractor.

PS. I hope you don't take the use of "skunkworks" wrong. I spent several years in the military developing advanced weapons systems, to include considerable time in Israel studying their actions during the seven days war.

Nice work. Very interesting photos.
    Yes, I am a Navy contractor and I absolutely love my job. Been there 4 and a half years now.

We do Prototype Weapons and Weapons Systems.

Never do the same thing twice, which is nice.
    Last edited by Number 1; 01-18-2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Signature Removal

Quote Originally Posted by metalmeltr View Post
    where could someone buy a hummve? any chance your came with a turret mounted machin gun?
    Legally, there are no military grade HMMWVs for sale. They are considered tactical vehicles and as such will never (legally) be offered for sale to the public, regardless of whether there are weapon systems installed or not. Of course you could always buy the civillian version and paint it OD or camo.

You must not have read my original post. Our HMMWV had the LOSAT launch system installed, minus missles of course and came as a 4 door wagon. It was converted into a pickup using original parts such as the soft top and doors, as well as custom parts that we made.

Speaking from experience, HMMWVs are not all they're cracked up to be. Noisey, leaky, crude, no ventillation, terrible gas mileage, and they need constant mechanical attention. They develop fluid leaks like I change socks.....

But they do look cool.

thanks Number 1. those videos are to cool. I should of said how did you get the pictures
    Last edited by migwelder05; 01-18-2009 at 11:00 AM.
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.