Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Have you made a forge yet? They look cool but the last thing I need is another project
    welding...its awsome

working on it , a brake drum one

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default For Wireguy

here is a link for U wireburner....http://www.twinoaksforge.com/BLADSMI...20CHARCOAL.htm

And a spare....http://sofablacksmiths.org/links.html

And while you are looking at their links on the last on, those fire pots they talk about there, are about the best. You might want to take note of them.
    Last edited by r90s; 07-31-2007 at 05:23 PM.

There use to be a coal yard right in greeneville, but they closed about 2 years ago. so now when I get it I go to rogersville but he is only open in the winter months so I always buy by the ton to make sure I have enough to get through the summer plus it is alot cheaper in the long run. I am sure there are yards closer to you than rogersville though, all you need is stoker coal and all stoker coal is, is small pieces 3/4 or smaller some say not to use dirty coal or make sure it comes from a specific place. But the only time that I see it matters is when forge welding you need a good clean fire and very hot.
    I also have a propane forge which is also easily built with a few items from hardware store, I use for small stuff but still prefer the coal fire. I live in the woods no one can see my shop or house from road so the neighbors use to think I was crazy having a coal fire going in July LOL. When you get the forge built learning to build a good fire is the key. send pics when you get it done.

Has any one tried coke in their forge, have heard its cleaner than coal,appears to be available from Penncoal,. Charcoal was widely used, but
    is hard to come by now.

Default pics

Maybe this would work for you???
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default TopRet

Nice detail work on the roses, very nice looking gate. dave
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en

Smile

Thank you Dave. I just need to get a little more consistent with my leaves though.

Default Best Blacksmith site on the web

Wireburner checkout this site. www.iforgeiron.com Click on blueprints at top of the page. You'll find prints for coal and gas forges. You can learn alot asking the smiths questions in forum. Tuesday nights they have a live blueprint chat. Nice friendly bunch people.

You're go to like this one

LarryM
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Try not to spend $10.00 worth time $.10 job

I'm reading a lot of you guys using coke for your forges...
    STAY OFF THE DRUGS, MAN!!!!!!!!
    a lot of people here use propane for their forges here. Mostly glass blowing, but I met a guy that has one for forging steel. I didn't think about coal, thinking it wouldn't be hot enough unless you're constantly blowing on it.
    Thanks for all the tips and websites. I'll read through them and learn
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time