Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question local black smith teacher?

Black smithing I would like to find someone locally in my area to teach me how to black smith any help would be great

Inferno Forge

Chris

I would start with any welding friends you know. I started askin around and ended up havin one of my grandpas buddys helpin me and I didn't even know they were friends small world.
    welding...its awsome

I know a guy in knoxville ,who does it maybe he may help me?

Inferno Forge

Chris

Inferno Forge

Chris

Are you close to Johnson City?

If you wish to have a blacksmith teacher it is very expensive from what I understand, I have been doing it for about 7 or 8 years It is a fun hobby and often pays well but you have to find the right market. I taught my self just by trial and error, learn to forge weld that is an art in its self very hard to do.
    start by going to this site it has plans to build your forge how to build the fire
    kind of coal to use and about anything else you will need to know they also have a forum every one there is great about sharing info and helping out.
    anvilfire.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iron man View Post
    If you wish to have a blacksmith teacher it is very expensive from what I understand, I have been doing it for about 7 or 8 years It is a fun hobby and often pays well but you have to find the right market. I taught my self just by trial and error, learn to forge weld that is an art in its self very hard to do.
    start by going to this site it has plans to build your forge how to build the fire
    kind of coal to use and about anything else you will need to know they also have a forum every one there is great about sharing info and helping out.
    anvilfire.com
    Thanks so so Much , I got some plans for a forge , brake drum, some plunbing fittings,fire block, I just read up and try to teach my self!

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default Iron Man

Iron man where do you get your coal ,or coke? i noticed you was in Greenville so you may know a local place

Inferno Forge

Chris

Default Here Ya Go Wireburner

That pocahontas coal seam is the best I know of for Blacksmithing!

http://www.penncoal.com/wst_page10.html

Pocahontas Blacksmith coal is $14.00 for a 50 lb bag
    Last edited by r90s; 07-31-2007 at 11:21 AM.

I e-mail them to ask how much it would be to shipp a bag to me

Inferno Forge

Chris