Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default My new tig welding cart

I finally got time to build a welding cart for my tig welder. It was alot of fun to build and really enjoy being to move the welder, coolmate3, and gas bottle all at once and really easy. I built the rear section so it is really easy to load and unload that K bottle because we all now there really heavy. I also routed the power so i have 220 for the tig and then 110 for the coolmate and extra outlet on the side while using one extension cord so that will be nice not having cords every where. Anyways here are some pics. Still have to put the plug on and have it powdercoated.

Last 2

I am going to build a cart for the mig welder next. I have already started just need more time in the day but don't we all

Josh

Nice cart.

Well thought out.

Only thing I'd suggest is adding a shoe for storing the pedal prior to having it power coated. Constantly putting it on the top of the Coolmate will scratch the cooler. By shoe, I mean a slot on the side to hold the pedal.

Yea, those bottles do get a little heavy. Miller even thought about that with the new bottle rack on the Sync Tigrunner setups.

Default Nice Cart

Looks really nice to me.
    I'll bet that when the turbo kicks in & the front end comes off the ground that the bottom of the bottle rack will drag, (third pic) ((tongue firmly embedded in cheek))

Jerry in Anchorage

Default Nice job

Your cart looks very nice, a lot ogf thought went into it.

great job how did you get the pics to come out
    like that

Great job on the cart. Well thought out. I like your tank support being low profile. it's no fun lifting the heavy argon bottles, good handle configuration.
    Wheat Stalker

Millermatic 210
    Dynasty 200DX
    Fisher CZ-5...CZ-3D..
    Trek 5500
    1966 Amphicar