Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bert's Pics

the 6013 is all i have ever try-ed. yep its a 5 lbs box in my pic, my first and only, got it from cyber weld ( i think) to get my order up to enough to get them to ship it. i just wanted some of there glasses but that was not enough to use pay-pal or get them to ship or something?? so the wife told me to throw on some rod's to get the $ up and she took care of it with pay-pal. see its all bout keeping her happy if i want anything.
    i'll try to get a chance to burn some more. i gotta get some more stuff ready to burn on. that stuff i used today was 3/32" but it was covert in rust and took a wile to clean enough to use it.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

yeesh! that was 3/32?! I was thinking your heat was a little high!!!
    Wish I could send you scrap, but sending scrap metal by mail would be red! I ain't rich!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

"rediculous", sorry, my finger hit a button and my post "energized..."
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

sorry typo 5/32 was the steel.
    i wanted to get 3/32" rod but messed that up and got 1/8".
    my noodle is just not on lately.
    the heat seemed ok, i just couldn't get a good position. i would get braced and be ok then as the rod got smaller i could hardly reach it to the work. i gotta work on that. might give it another try tomorrow. i'll try to get a better focus on the camera also, it looked good in the preview window.
    i'll keep practicing.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i would get braced and be ok then as the rod got smaller i could hardly reach it to the work.
    I'm the exact oppiset of that. My granpas stinger was all nice lookin when I showed up one time to use it but when I left it had the burn marks on the singer and on my hands cause I didn't bring any gloves and g-pas were way too worn! If you by chance didn't notice I don't like wasting rod thats why I have several pounds of rod stubs sitting around and nothing to use them on
    welding...its awsome

i dont have a problem with using short pices, just getting set up to do the long one and as it gets shorter i cant reach it any more.
    i always do a dry run with my MIG or TIG torch/gun to make shore i can get the hole needed bead comfortably befor striking the arc. go threw the motions befor i start so when i start i know i can reach every thing i want to do from my braced or reached position. you cant do that with stick because the size of the stick gets smaller your reach changes and as such its not the swing you practised.
    i have a few short rod pices i use for tacking but prefer to do a bead in one solid run so i start off with a full rod. again its just some thing i will have to get used to time will make it all work out. i know i can make a solid weld with stick i just need to work on its looks i think.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by fun4now View Post
    i dont have a problem with using short pices, just getting set up to do the long one and as it gets shorter i cant reach it any more.
    i always do a dry run with my MIG or TIG torch/gun to make shore i can get the hole needed bead comfortably befor striking the arc. go threw the motions befor i start so when i start i know i can reach every thing i want to do from my braced or reached position. you cant do that with stick because the size of the stick gets smaller your reach changes and as such its not the swing you practised.
    i have a few short rod pices i use for tacking but prefer to do a bead in one solid run so i start off with a full rod. again its just some thing i will have to get used to time will make it all work out. i know i can make a solid weld with stick i just need to work on its looks i think.

I alos always do a dry run to see how wide , i need to work on using 6011,i can burn 7018 all day

Inferno Forge

Chris

most all my work is done with MIG its fast and clean no flux to mess with and no rod changes. just grab and weld. i have limited time to get things done so MIG helps out. today i made a cart for my 25gal wattering system that i used to put in the wagon behind my mower. but i been using the cart for other stuff a lot lately so i needed a diferent way to move the watter sprayer so i could keep the cart open. it takes long enough to figure out what you want and cut it i dont want to be messing around changing rod's and cleaning flux.
    C02 is super cheap to use with MIG and works great.
    i just wanted to have the stick option for anything too thick for my MIG. although i dont have any steel too thick right now. so its grab and go with the mig.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES