Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello All

We've had people attempt to steal stuff right out of our driveway when we were adding onto out house cause we had a brand new about 60 gallon compressor out there and bunch of nail guns, saws, and lots of other stuff and ironic thing is it was only about 10 pm well yeh they also forgot to turn off there tailights too talk about a bunch of idiots so when we saw em they had some people comin after em with hammers about to take out some of there windows needless to say that group didn't come back
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    We've had people attempt to steal stuff right out of our driveway when we were adding onto out house cause we had a brand new about 60 gallon compressor out there and bunch of nail guns, saws, and lots of other stuff and ironic thing is it was only about 10 pm well yeh they also forgot to turn off there tailights too talk about a bunch of idiots so when we saw em they had some people comin after em with hammers about to take out some of there windows needless to say that group didn't come back
    thata time for the old 12 gauge to come out

Inferno Forge

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by wireburner View Post
    thata time for the old 12 gauge to come out
    yeh but it was in the cabinet down the hall and these people were wouseis although when you start messin with our family seems like some kinda bond that we stick up for each other and don't back down
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by weld_13 View Post
    yeh but it was in the cabinet down the hall and these people were wouseis although when you start messin with our family seems like some kinda bond that we stick up for each other and don't back down
    you mess with us we will shoot ya

Inferno Forge

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by wireburner View Post
    you mess with us we will shoot ya
    Yeh but where we are its not that easy you see we just pick up a bat, piece of rebar, and get either a nice smack to the head or ran off either on you better not come back we had problems at a lake thing we do every year last year there were some guys on 4wheelers comin around bein reall @holes and of course told em to stop commin through there then they came back, gave my cousin the finger, then resulted in my uncle walkin up with a log in his hands just standin there casually and started talkin to em to get out of there
    welding...its awsome

sound slike my uncle expect he would just be holding it!

Inferno Forge

Chris

welcome, sorry to hear about the jerks taking your stuff.
    ya need one of them little yappy dog's. they make great alarms, got realy good hearing. that way you know they are there and you can chose the best way to deal with them. that is if they stay, most take off when the little yappers go off. a motion light goes a long way to stop them also. but you have quite a prize there in that trailor. i suspect they would see it werth a little extra risk.
    any how bummer on the missing stuff but welcome aboard.
    we have a few trailor makers here. if ya post the type ya need plans to you may well get just what ya need.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

That just plain sucks. I hate thieves. I am not sure if this has been posted earlier,but contact your local welding supply companys and tell them about your misfortune and provide serial #'s for your equipment. You never know if someone has a problem with it down the road they may take it them to have serviced. We frequently get calls from customers that have equipment stolen and we keep the model and S/N posted in our service department for this purpose. We have been able to recover machines on a couple of instances.

I hope I'm not being to critical here, but I noticed in the photo you have your acetylene cylinder mounted horizontally. Thats a big no-no. Acetylene cylinders should be stored, transported and used in the upright position to prevent acetone from being withdrawn from the cylinder. Sorry I had to say it. I teach Oxy/Acety safety and am trained to spot things like this. Again sorry.
    Rich Ferguson
    Sales Technician
    Jackson Welding Supply Co.
    "Keep America Strong.....Weld It"
    www.jacksonweldingsupply.com

Quote Originally Posted by jwsrep View Post
    I hope I'm not being to critical here, but I noticed in the photo you have your acetylene cylinder mounted horizontally. Thats a big no-no. Acetylene cylinders should be stored, transported and used in the upright position to prevent acetone from being withdrawn from the cylinder. Sorry I had to say it. I teach Oxy/Acety safety and am trained to spot things like this. Again sorry.
    Well I was going to ask if that was acetylene but the man just had his rig stolen and saying something now would be like asking a widow at her husbands funeral what she's gonna do with her husbands truck

Sorry to hear about some deadbeat &&^%&^$$%^*)&)*(&)*(&%^$*%$R%&^(& stealing your rig (probably an illegal). The 2 main things I hate are a thief and a liar.
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replies, and your thoughts. I have already called all the welding shops around and let them know the ser#s. The trailer was/is a 12'X6' "Big Tex". I am also sure that it is long gone now. the picture is from a bad angle, the bottles are at about a 60 degree slant, however, I have been told I need to stand the Acety upright, thanks for the advice. The sad part is my truck was right there next to it and I have Disabled Veteran plates on it!! I will drop you a line fun4now about some plans.
    Again...thanks everyone.