Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Syncro 250 - HF went south - any ideas?

Hey all - new to the forum - sure would appreciate any help.

Bought a syncrowave 250 (2001) in nice condition about 8 months ago. Been learning to tig on her. Has worked well. Couple days ago fixing an aluminum hose real for a friend - NO ARC. I switch to stick works well. back to tig with no remote (scratch start) works. No high frequency (with remote)?. I'm getting 25 volts AC out of the remote recepticle going to foot pedal. Pedal is giving me 25 volts at switch. When i press foot pedal i don't hear the hf kick in.

I hear what i thing is hf hum when remote is off.

Spark gap looks good.

Not the 110 breaker.

torch wp18 water cooled and footpedal.

any insight troubleshooting is much apreciated. thanks, oldshoes

Jumper out "A" & "B" on the remote receptacle. There is NO "AC" there on a Synchrowave. It's only using a,b,c,d,e, on the 14 or 5 pin.

A & B are the contactor for the power and HF.

Hey Cruizer - thanks for your response - i posted reply this morning - but looks like it didn't take. So i'm posting again.

I have the 14 pin. only the 5 mentioned are being used (and "k" as common) When i tested remote receptacle i got: "a" + "k" = 25 volts ac, "b"+ "k" = 0 volts, "a" + "b" = 25volts. I assumed that was good at Receptacle and that the problem is either in foot pedal or torch. (?) Am i missing something?

"Jumper out "A" & "B" on the remote receptacle" (?)

Thanks, Oldshoes

That "AC" is a ghost reading, and yes jumper out "A" & "B"

be sure you let us know if it got fixed and how you did it!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time