Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default The darkest day of my life, and a welding project

Before i start i would like to apologize to all those who have suffered losses. I always felt that there was nothing i could say to help some one who lost a loved one. I regret to say i have found out through personal experience that, that is not true.

On December 30 2008 I lost the person in my life i was closest to, my Mother. She became suddenly ill on the 28th, we called EMS and took her to the hospital. Things went bad fast and she lost her battle about 2:15 pm tuesday December 30. I was with her holding her hand when she passed. At the age of 37 i have lost friends (sept 11) and relatives (grand parents). Never some one so close to me though. My life has never taken me where i wanted it to, and many things never went the way they do for most people. I loved that i got to know my Mother as an adult and we were great friends. I got my love of mechanics and fabrication from her. She spent her life as a pattern maker, and clothing designer and was a great cook. I took to wood and metal. Her Cuisinart and Kitchen Aid are a few feet from my Dynasty. Cooking with her was one of my favorite things to do, and we enjoyed the last Christmas dinner we made together. We were born 2 days apart. She went out of her way on a daily basis to make my day a little more special. I couldn't love her more. As i was wrestling with what was happening, i felt i needed to do something to express my feelings and to tell how i felt about her. So I came up with the attached. The "Thank You Mom" is from me. What else do you say to someone who spent your whole life giving to you. I made one for each member of our immediate family to give to her as a last gift. They are made from some Titanium i had, so they would last, hopefully my lifetime.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Laiky; 01-07-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    Dynasty 200 DX
    Millermatic 175
    Spectrum 375
    All kinds of Smith OA gear

Very nice tribute to your Mom & our condolenses to you & the family.
    252 Miller Mig
    180 Synchrowave
    R - 45 Milling Machine
    Kingston 1100 Lathe
    Miller 2050 Plasma Cutter

its very nice and im sorry for your loss, it must be hard to lose someone that close to you.
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

I know almost how you feel. Some time back there was a thread "Did anyone have a bad Christmas". My dad(94) past at 19:19 Christmas eve. I didnt want to say yeah me, I did. The loss we feel is the vacuum the person left in our life. We should never feel bad for somebody elses victory over death. In my case, dad was old and we kind of expected it any time. My kids got there just in time.

Im sorry your loss was so unexpected.
    Who do you call when the lawmakers ignore the law?

Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt 225
    Miller 180 w/Autoset
    Old cutting torch on LPG

I am very sorry for your loss. Mothers are very special people luckly I still have mine but I loss my dad at an early age. That was hard enough but I still can't image how you must be feeling.

Condolences friend, I know that pain and it is still fresh 7 years later.

I'll add you and yours to my prayers,

Your friend,
    Paul

My prays to you and yours.
    Very nice project.
    Be safe
    Jeff

Give more than you get and
    you will get more than ya need.
    This is true for the good and bad
    that life puts out.

Default I'm very sorry for you loss. and DON'T GIVE UP THE GOOD WORK

I'm very sorry for you loss, AND DON'T GIVE UP THE GOOD WORK
    Quote Originally Posted by Laiky View Post
    Before i start i would like to apologize to all those who have suffered losses. I always felt that there was nothing i could say to help some one who lost a loved one. I regret to say i have found out through personal experience that, that is not true.

On December 30 2008 I lost the person in my life i was closest to, my Mother. She became suddenly ill on the 28th, we called EMS and took her to the hospital. Things went bad fast and she lost her battle about 2:15 pm tuesday December 30. I was with her holding her hand when she passed. At the age of 37 i have lost friends (sept 11) and relatives (grand parents). Never some one so close to me though. My life has never taken me where i wanted it to, and many things never went the way they do for most people. I loved that i got to know my Mother as an adult and we were great friends. I got my love of mechanics and fabrication from her. She spent her life as a pattern maker, and clothing designer and was a great cook. I took to wood and metal. Her Cuisinart and Kitchen Aid are a few feet from my Dynasty. Cooking with her was one of my favorite things to do, and we enjoyed the last Christmas dinner we made together. We were born 2 days apart. She went out of her way on a daily basis to make my day a little more special. I couldn't love her more. As i was wrestling with what was happening, i felt i needed to do something to express my feelings and to tell how i felt about her. So I came up with the attached. The "Thank You Mom" is from me. What else do you say to someone who spent your whole life giving to you. I made one for each member of our immediate family to give to her as a last gift. They are made from some Titanium i had, so they would last, hopefully my lifetime.