Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congrats!!! That's what i'm trying to work on next. Dogs have been a good starter point, but now everything i do from racing nd stunting motorcycles, to welding and painting all i can think of is teaching my kids all the same stuf and making sure they finish college like i failed to do because i never went back after my bad motorcycle accident in '01.

Again, congratualtions, hope you all continue to do very well
    Dynasty 200DX
    Hobart Handler 135
    Smith MB55A-510 O/A setup
    Lathe/Mill/Bandsaw
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Just about every other hand tool you can imagine

Congratulation James, I've been gone for awhile and just saw this post. I imagine the little rascal is keeping you and your wife pretty bizzy.
    Take care.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Congratulation James! I haven't been down for awhile, but it looks like you are assembling quite a "shop crew"!
    Ian

Talking

just a quick update. and funny story.

the baby is doing great. i got a new computer i been fighting with so i been gone due to that and the extra things i been doing to help mom out with the new lil one. but comp is good now ( i replaced it with new better version and all is good now) and baby is less demanding a bit now , so i should have more time to get back to the site. also as I'm on a laptop i can bring it to bed with me when i have t lay down for a wile, score. 8^)

now to the funny story part.
    my brother lives about 45 miles north of us as some know. well is daughter had a new baby 10 months ago ( he is doing fine ) when she was delivering we went to see her and the new baby on the other side of Rochester ( about 70miles) and went in to see how mom and the little one were doing several times after she got home with the baby.
    so when my wife went in to deliver we expected family to come visit us as well............ didn't happen. not so much as a phone call.
    a few days after w gt home my brother called to ask me for some thing or to do some thing for him as usual. and Finlay got around to asking about the baby and what we named him ( here is the funny part) so i told him i named him Joseph Keith hotchkiss ( sorry no idea how to spell that one) which is the same name as his new grand son i played it off like i didn't know and that i though there new baby would have the dad's last name.well its not my fault i cant remember names you know that. if you guys had come to visit this would not have happened, so as he starts freaking out and recommending ways i can fix the problem, i just tell him no big deal they wont be in the same school any way. a bout a month later ( with no calls from them) the wife calls and talks to the girls there and mentions the baby's real name ( Dillon) the girls tell her she better check the birth certificate because i was lying to her and i had named him Josef Kieth LOL. so right after she gets off the phone i called my brother back and started yelling at him, why did you tell my wife the baby was named Josef Kieth and to look at the birth certificate. i was trying to not let her know and get it changed be for she could find out. now she wont let me change it or the birth certificate with the little feet prints wont match his real name if it gets changed. and she is totally ticked at me. so now he has to stay Josef Kieth ( LOL)
    well we Finlay broke down and took the new baby in to Rochester to visit them on April fools day ( LOL) and the girls there started calling Dillon Josef, first my older son ( Cammie age 3 1/2 ) told them hes not Josef he's Dillon. they payed no attention to him and kept calling him Josef. even after the wife old them it was Dillon.LOL i suspect some day we will have to show them the birth certificate to prove its Dillon now.LOL wonder if they will believe it was never Josef ?? well thats what the girls get for not coming to visit. LOL

OK so maybe it is a bit silly, but its been great fun here in this house with lots of laughs. he he he .

any way hope to be here more now
    James
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

I am glad you are doing good
    Your story is funny but at the same time sorta sad
    All too typical of the condition of families this day and age.
    Do you have your parents still or is that maybe the reason for so little contact these days?
    Regardless, keep this sort of thing in mind when you raise YOUR family.
    My family is the total opposite of that...we have to tell extended family not to bother from time to time.
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller Spoolmate 200
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX

gratz and make sure you train him up right in the proper.

A new life is always a blessing.

My dad is old school (duh, he's 75 this year). Family always comes first. I don't see it that way....Whenever my cousins come to visit or call him, it's only when they need help (thank gosh it's only 2x a year). Niece and nephew didn't call until they got in their teens and found out that if they want a car, they have to see grandpa when they get old enough. Then they call once a week or more to make sure they "have what's coming"....I consider my friends closer to family....Although I've crossed a lot of my friend's off my list (used to have more than 40 people I would call friends, that has whittled down to maybe 10, and more than 1/2 are on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to help my "friends" 8-10 times before I would ask for help (dad always warned me about that), and they would be "too busy". Help them out 8-10 more times, ask for help = "too busy". Ask around and found out they were at the beach or some other bullsh!t..... = DROP!!!

FUN: brother calls for help: say you're too busy!!!!!!!!! Sorry, maybe I've been jilted too much, but that's the way I look at it now!!!!!
    Congrats on the baby!!!!!!!!! (computer), 0h! and the human one too
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

it is sad my family has gotten to this stage. my brother dose call once in a wile to see if i want to join him out at the property to do some shooting. but his wife and daughter have gotten out of hand with regards to my wife. my niece had the audacity to tell my wife she was giving her last name to the baby instead of the dad's because there were no other male children to carry on the family name ?, what about my 2 son's ??? and the one she was carrying, like my wife's children ( and mine) were not counted as able to carry on the family name ??? that pissed her off and started the name game i played on them. oh and yep they were pissed. LOL ( dosent her son carry on for the dad's name, not the mom )

as for my father, not on speaking terms for about 4+ years now, not likely to get better, sad but true. my dad's middle name is also Kieth, so they should have known there was no way i would have used it in my son's name.

too many family's don't come first, i try my best and forgive my brothers ways as often as possible to keep us on friendly terms.he has even less $$ than i do, so i try to help him out as best as possible when possible. but its just not the way it should be. too many people now a days are all about me first and screw every one else, be it family friend or just passer by. not much hope for us.

but ya gotta admit it was funny that it happened to be on April fools day when we showed up to visit, so they don't know if its really a fools joke or the name really is Dillon.
    I'll have to call my brother and see how the girls took it. LOL after all my nephew in lay wants to come have me fix his exhaust for him, good reason for me to call them.:P
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

hi there...
    Congratulation James. great news.......
    take care of babies..
    Jazz Motorsports manufactures Personal watercrafts, jet ski sport bike and motorcylcle parts http://www.jazzmotorsports.com

Thumbs up all is good thanks

thanks all,
    the baby is doing great. started sitting up and is now mobile. AAAAAAA!!! gotta really keep an eye on him now as he tends to get around faster than you would think in the second you turn your head to talk to the wife or other kids. so he has moved from lump to rug rat.

the computer is also doing great. now if i could just get the desktop up to speed it would help with INTERNET speeds if i didn't have to go threw the slow desktop. but as i have dial up the only way to stay cable free is to connect threw the desktop with it connected to the phone line.

so much for customer service as they all said you cant connect a VISTA laptop to a XP desktop with dial up wireless. well its been working fine for a wile now with no problems. connects to the network and picks up the INTERNET threw it at turn on every time, never fails.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES