Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Bolts Down

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    Looks nice! I can't tell from the pics what holds everything in place. Do you pin it after you set it on? One thing I don't like is the acetylene laying down, yes I know it is tilted but it should be upright.
    2"x2"x1/4" tube running the length of the truck on each side welder frames bolt to 3/8" bolts x 4 for each welder 80K miles no problem. As for the tank I have heard that they will explode for 40 years but have not had any problems. Can tell you how many jobs I pull up on and there is a guy in the gravel cutting re-bar with tanks laying flat on the ground. With the Spectrum 375 Plasma on board very seldom use it torch.

Default Bobcat Usage

Quote Originally Posted by Railmen View Post
    well now i caught on i see you have two welders on that rig...............

why the need for two??

you could save yourself lots of space and fuel cost by maybe running like a CST280/250 off the front of your newer 250, i guess it just depends on how much power you need on the second arc?? or even like a maxstar 200 draw very little and work great.......

just my two cents.

i have a TB302 and i have run a XMT 304 off the front and run both machines on 5/32 rod all day once....

Railmen
    I fabricate and install stair and railing for www.urbanactive.com gyms. Use this rig when installing stair and railing first welder is tacking it in place with a 7018 stick rod and running power for grinder, band saw, hilti drill etc and the second welders is sewing it up with .035 feeder mig gun. If you run accessories from the rear welder with the mig you notice it a lot.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stick man View Post
    Ive seen your rig around town several times always commented to my help how good it looks, hope your busiser than we are.
    Works great for me

Quote Originally Posted by JSSEC View Post
    I fabricate and install stair and railing for www.urbanactive.com gyms. Use this rig when installing stair and railing first welder is tacking it in place with a 7018 stick rod and running power for grinder, band saw, hilti drill etc and the second welders is sewing it up with .035 feeder mig gun. If you run accessories from the rear welder with the mig you notice it a lot.

IC just a thought, I am always looking for ways to cut costs and make things smiple.

But if it works then DO IT, as my old boss says..............

other then that looks good.

Railmen
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130

Railmen

Thumbs up Service Truck

Nice pics of your service truck!

Take Care,

John

Thats a nice set up. I like that. You get alot more out of the truck that way.
    Matt
    MM175, Lincoln Ideal arc 250, Miller Legend

Default That was my intent

Like I said above It was a lot more useful for me to leave the factory bed and raise my welders. I have had numerous welding truck with flat beds like most welders but my bed was covered with my welding gear and never could carry any additional equipment or supplies. I can still carry a 4' x 8' sheet, ladder or 5 gallon buckets of primer paint. I don't know for sure but I think the factory bed is even lighter, as show in the photos I scale 11000 lbs with the tool boxes full and 21900 towing the fork lift in the first photo.

Thanks

Default Nice!!!

It's nice having both! One for welding and one for a truck. I built my truck that way. I have a 4' x 8' bed with it loaded, check it out. Also, I built the monster from scratch. The post is "Build your own service truck"
    Millermatic 210
    Syncrowave 200
    Spectrum 625 X-treme
    Hobart Champion 16 W/
    Miller 8VS Suitcase
    Miller 3035 Spool Gun
    Tons of Tools
    Microwave
    Laptop and Printer
    Speakers in the Back for all to hear Sirius Radio!

That is a very badass rig!
    What is in the blue cooler?

Default Drinks

Water and Diet Coke on those hot 12-16 hour days.