Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Maybe the second pass would have been with JB Weld and a caulk gun and then a good buffing

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    Maybe the second pass would have been with JB Weld and a caulk gun and then a good buffing
    Yeah maybe he had (JB) welded for 20 years

Inferno Forge

Chris

Cool How about Bondo.

Quote Originally Posted by monte55 View Post
    It's funny that you would say that because accupress and accushear thats what they do. There people run a couple of beads then finish off with Bondo. Thats why there welds look just so PERFECT.

dabar39's guy well I don't know. Maybe he's just starting out and really needs a job and mentor and thought that dabar would be the best person to get the training from thats close to where he lives.I now I now he said that he has been welding for about 20 or so years but we all know what it looks like and can guesstamate how many minutes of welding experience he has.

Hey dabar39 Did he come to your shop prepared for a weld and fitting test?or did he just show up with a lid and gloves?Did he look you in the eye and talk to you?Or did he just look around the shop and at the ground or at something?When he shook your hand was it weak or strong?

I don't know about you guy's but when I first started out I had to lie to get a job because nobody would give me the time of day I mean ok I did abit better than that mind you but it's the samething I guess.But you know something, It just goes to show ya what kind of welders there is out there.And it's the same as the pics that I had posted on my thread about bubble gum welding I for one am not surprised at all.

Thats sad, I understand jobs are hard to find these days but eventually you will have to prove you can do what you say you can do. I could call myself a dentist and pull a few teeth but someone will suffer in the end LOL.
    The best one I ever seen a guy came to our shop one day from a temp service, like was said earlier he had all these years experience, I took him to the weld dept. for welding test first thing he does is points to the welder and ask what does that machine do. we are mig only shop so maybe he was great with stick or maybe at brazing but he had never mig welded before.

Dave, what Dramik said/asked re handshake, eyes to yours, etc. Interested if he did all that...Since I haven't shown you guys my welds yet, I'll take a few pics of my instructors...mines look similar to his!!! Can you hire me from those pics???!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

haha. maybe you can be his apprentice?jk.haha
    welding...its awsome

awww....shadup!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, my welds aren't THAT bad!!! Hey, it's this weekend, gonna hook up my Dynasty for stick and show you my beads!!!
    If it's as bad as this guys, I'll sell it and go to Air Traffic Control school
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Yeh thats the biggest mistake you've made was tellin me your job placement. Alot of my family does have private pilot licenses and I mean alot maybe that why my grandpa stop goin to his welding class no it was actually because the instructor was a big joke but anyways
    welding...its awsome

Quote Originally Posted by phaxtris View Post
    probably worked as a jig monkey in a mig only shop, i know a few like that, couldnt burn a rod, or run tig to save there life
    Yes that is possible but if that was the case i wonder why he didn't say so or that he had never used a stick welder but had other experience in the trade? It is all a big pile of unanswered questions for us
    welding...its awsome

Default was he prepared?

Hey dabar39 Did he come to your shop prepared for a weld and fitting test?or did he just show up with a lid and gloves?Did he look you in the eye and talk to you?Or did he just look around the shop and at the ground or at something?When he shook your hand was it weak or strong?

Darmik
    If you call shorts, tank top and flip-flops prepared, I guess he was.
    If necessity is the Mother of Invention, I must be the Father of Desperation!

John Blewett III 10-22-73 to 8-16-07
    Another racing great gone but not to be forgotten.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...modified&hl=en