Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bad ratio

Default bad ratio

I get excited about a project and weld without having done a proper test piece.

Whada get?

10 seconds of welding and 20 minutes of weld cleanup.

hee hee hee....welcome to my world
    1) Go to do a short weld, only to find out that someone turned off the gas
    2) Guy who used it last, didn't clean the tip
    3) "Oh, it's just a quick tack", ouch...should've worn gloves anyway
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    hee hee hee....welcome to my world
    3) "Oh, it's just a quick tack", ouch...should've worn gloves anyway
    You mean Im not the only one

Another thing, dont lean on your welding table with bare skin while welding reverse polarity ::tingles a little::

Johnny - might be your first but it wont be your last time doing that
    Ken

What else is there besides welding and riding. Besides that

Miller Thunderbolt XL 300/200 AC/DC
    Hobart Handler 187
    Dewalt Chop Saw
    4" Air Grinder
    Die Grinder
    Rigid Drill Press
    Kellogg 10hp Air Compressor

2009 FXDC

hehe, yeah
    Dylan

RED BIRD WELDING

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"

HH-140
    Crappy stick welder
    Victor supper range II
    Makita grinder
    more stuff i don't feel like listing.

Quote Originally Posted by KBar View Post
    You mean Im not the only one

Another thing, dont lean on your welding table with bare skin while welding reverse polarity ::tingles a little::

Johnny - might be your first but it wont be your last time doing that

Tingle doesn't sound good! No Tingles. I haven't used flux cored yet so don't know...have not changed polarity.

I like to spend 2 hours making a bunch of small parts and then welding them mirror of what was needed. Put the drilled holes and brackets opp of what was needed.

Another time I ran out of gas and was so focused on the though that the motor case I was working on was contaminated with oil that I did not check the gas right away and sooted the weld up and roasted the Tung. Was welding fine then bad so it must be oil! After the 10 wat light over my head flickered on I swapped to the other tank on the Tigrunner. Made some real ugly looking "weld". Still thinking it was oil I heated with with a heat gun and cleaned some more. Still fuggly. Looked at the gas and noted that I hooked up to a C-25 bottle. Good thing no one was looking...
    Weekend wannab racer with some welders.

Oh yeah, I very efficiently turned off the gas like I always do then went back ten minutes later, after doing weld cleanup from first passes, and filled a hole without gas- nice stuff.

I got by OK in spite of it.

Isn't tha what bondo is for????

bert
    I'm not late...

Wink

I thought that's what primer was for

Default :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I thought that's what primer was for
    YEESH!!!!!!!! Don't you know....ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You smooth over all your cr@ppy welds with bondo, take a dental tool (or dremel) and "carve" out those "stack of dime beads!!!!!!!!"

sorry, still laughing!!!!
    I'm not late...