Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Welding Helmets

spell it, who said i could spell it. , i cant freaking spell. i used spell checker.
    i'll dig you up a pic or 2, you want the planishing hammer too??
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Spellchecker??? Few posts ago, you had some long explanations on some stuff. I was going to comment you forgot to use it or decided to quit using it
    Pic of planishing hammer??? He*l yeah
    I'm not late...
    I'm just on Hawaiian Time

here are a few pic's.
    i added a plate to the bottom to clamp to till i get my slip in holder for the welding table. it will be like a trailor hitch plug for the many tools that go with my metal work stuff like the vice and other stuff i want to add my cutting grid to it also but its kinda large for one plug so i may have one on each side of the front. that will also alow me to have the vice and english wheel atached at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. james@newyorkmetalart.com
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

here is a flower petal and a leaf i worked on the wheel and hammer, just so you know it worked. i would have loved to buy one but have you seen the price of them things i also added a air presher adjustment and shut off valve to help keep things running as needed. all in all its a great set up.

i entered it in the miller contest but some one won with one they made with a steel cart wheel from TSC last year so i guess they figured they had it covert. needless to say i didn't make it to the vote stage. oh well at least i have one now, just use the competition as an excuse to get off my but and get it done. about $80.00 total for the hole thing. the bearings are from TSC and were the most expensive part. i looked at the steel casters the other guy used (be for i knew of his) and didn't like them. not smooth enough and not hard enough. the casters are just steel, where as the bearings are hardend and very smooth, better choice i thought but go with what works for you if ya make one.
    also a few shots of the wheel off when i chang it over to a hammer. same frame just different attachments. i used all thread for the circle at the bottom of the adjustment screw so i could adjust it with my knee. the all thread gets a good grip on my pants so i can work it as needed without using my hands. you have to be able to adjust wile working it or you are just screwed, well it might work just not as well.
    enjoy the pic's
    Last edited by fun4now; 07-31-2007 at 11:57 PM.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

how's that got ya coverd for pic's.
    yea i some times forget to use it (spell checker).
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

a few more hammer pic's.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Was the top wheel a bearing too? Wasn't this a thread on welding helmets I clicked on
    Dewayne Sullivan
    Dixieland Welding
    Lewisburg, TN

yes they are both bearings, and yes it was a helmit thread. but the helmit stuff seems to have burned out or maybee we just got side tracked. .......... .....aaaaa, it happens, just go with it. comment's or question's on eather one welcome.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES

Hey Fun...........thats my Blue English Wheel in the Idea Gallery. The top wheel is cast which I smoothed on my lathe and it works well. I didn't get it at TSC. I already had it. I tend to collect wheels for future projects.
    Nick

i suspect if i get more into using it i will probly end up adding a few more wheels also, but for now its doing great.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped

JAMES