Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default New and need some help........please

Recently purchased a used Miller Bobcat 250nt and the motor is shot.

Purchased a replacement engine and am I am trying to replace it. But I can't figure out how to get the engine seperated from the stator(I think that is what you call it)

Any body able to give me some help on this?

I have it torn into about a bizillion pieces and get the final pieces apart.

Checkout this rr. http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o4403l_mil.pdf
    I looks to me as if the motor shaft is threaded into the cooling fan. You can download the whole owners manual at this page hope this helps you

Good Luck
    Larry
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Try not to spend $10.00 worth time $.10 job

Yup, the NT's are threaded and can be a #@&%* to seperate sometimes. Fortunately, the fan is a relatively cheap and easy to get part if you break it...don't ask me how I know.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

Thanks guys.

It looked like that was the case but didn't want to mess up anything just cranking on it.

I have never had a welder rotor off but on generators its a tapered shaft and usually will not come off by just taken the bolt out. I believe the stator is the fixed part around the rotor. Bolted to the generator housing. Not sure how the Miller is but often we have to whack the side of the rotor with a hammer and a block of wood to prevent damage. Worked on lots of regular gas/diesel generators and hydraulic driven generators and thats how we get the rotor off. Don't know if this helps or not, Good luck
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

That is the way the old Bobus 225G and others were. When they went to the NT series, all the rotors are screw on and still are today. Whack them and nothing will happen.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC